Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lawn ornament trolls (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lawn-ornament-trolls-283938/)

villagetinker 02-01-2019 08:26 PM

Lawn ornament trolls

Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.

Goldwingnut 02-01-2019 10:11 PM

The exemption does not exist, urban legend.

Topspinmo 02-02-2019 12:08 AM

Out of site, out of mind.

retiredguy123 02-02-2019 07:01 AM

I looked at a few of the deed restriction documents. They all say that lawn ornaments are prohibited except for seasonal displays for 30 days. I guess someone could make a case that the front patio is not part of the lawn, or that something hanging from the eve is not a lawn ornament. I didn't see any definition for a lawn.

skip0358 02-02-2019 07:13 AM

All I can say is there are very few homes that are in total compliance with all of the rules. Planting in the in the drainage swails, hedges that have turned into walls,raised corner flower beds to close to the property line, to many dogs, yard & lawn ornaments etc. There is never a problem with this until some one person gets turned in and then out comes the troll.

Mortal1 02-02-2019 07:55 AM

I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.

jchase 02-02-2019 08:18 AM

But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!

patfla06 02-02-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1621298)
I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.

I have to agree.
I have never called on a neighbor for some of the crazy stuff they put out.
But this insistence that it is the person who complained is the problem is ridiculous.

When you live in Florida in a CDD there are rules.
I lived in Tampa and they had the same rules.

photo1902 02-02-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchase (Post 1621301)
But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!

Yep.

Kerry Azz 02-02-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1621230)
Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.

Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.

CWGUY 02-02-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry Azz (Post 1621332)
Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.

:ohdear: Not Villages Watch...... Community Standards.

VCDD Community Standards :ho:

thetruth 02-02-2019 11:00 AM

My opinion

I've never before lived in a planed community such as The Villages.

There are all kinds of pluses and minuses. Some are truly amusing and well pathetic.

I recall a business associate who lived in a similar-planed community. After several years someone complained about the location of his tree and voiced an unanimous complaint. I neither particularly liked him or had any interest in his tree.

BUT, the community decided to hire an atty. He too hired an attorney. The issue went on for years. I never said it but first of all he was paying for the communities atty in his common charges. Secondly he was paying his own atty. I will guess that tree cost him as much as a nice car. Not to leave the story without an end. The tree was never resolved. He passed away. The property went to his daughter I assume. Were it me, I would have little concern for the quality of the new owner.

FOR ALL OF YOU-think is it really important? Are YOU as perfect as you THINK YOU ARE? If, you wish to look for problems you will surely be able to find them.

photo1902 02-02-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry Azz (Post 1621332)

"villages watch" does not handle these issues.

Complaints of this nature are made to Deed Compliance at 352-751-3912

Bogie Shooter 02-02-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchase (Post 1621301)

Cactus plants are nature....better than old car parts!:)

Bigben007 02-02-2019 01:07 PM

I agree with you 100%, what does it matter who reported the infraction, if it's not allowed, it's not allowed.