Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Comfortable Distance in a Golf Cart? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/comfortable-distance-golf-cart-284013/)

Kenswing 02-02-2019 08:56 PM

Comfortable Distance in a Golf Cart?

What do you guys consider a comfortable distance to travel in a golf cart? 2 miles? Five? Ten? At what point do you say heck with it and hop in the car?

golf2140 02-02-2019 09:41 PM

I have had days that we have traveled 30 to 40 miles

B-flat 02-02-2019 09:45 PM

We regularly travel from the north end at Mulberry Grove to Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter approximately 7 to 8 miles. A couple of times we have also traveled to Brownwood which takes about an hour. I don’t remember the distance. We are comfortable with those distances. I don’t ever see us driving via the golf cart to Fenney once it’s connected with Brownwood. As it is from where we are located it’s a 25 mile one way trip via 301, then to 44.

Nucky 02-02-2019 09:54 PM

No limit on the number of miles for me during anytime that will ensure me that I get home in NOTHING but daylight. The Comfort time for my wife is about an hour. She has been talking about getting an Atomic Cart. That may increase her comfortable traveling distance. We’ll see. You guys are going to be a great addition to The Villages!

JoMar 02-02-2019 10:45 PM

One of the critical things you need to consider is the best seats you can get....that will make any distance so much more comfortable. Everything else will be personal choice, self canceling turn signals, tilt wheel, heater, music, electric or gas....all personal additions.

charmed59 02-02-2019 10:58 PM

I live near Palmer Country Club, and I will take a golf cart to any golf cart accessible course. I will drive to rec centers south of 466A if the weather is too cold or time is too tight, but otherwise take a cart. To get to Spanish Springs we always take a cart, even if its cold. To Lake Sumter a cart is super fast, so if we aren’t walking or biking we take the cart. If the weather is really nice, and we have time, we take carts to Brownwood, but usually we drive.

Taking a cart make errands a fun trip rather than a drag. When they get the bridge over the turnpike I will drive my cart down there at least once.

Nucky 02-03-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1621486)
What do you guys consider a comfortable distance to travel in a golf cart? 2 miles? Five? Ten? At what point do you say heck with it and hop in the car?

K-Man, I don't know if you can make it from the West Coast to Brownwood! :boom: That's really a rough trip especially in one particular type of Golf Cart! :ohdear:

Are the Carts out by you guys Low Riders with Spinners and all playing Santana?? Just wondering??

fw102807 02-03-2019 07:10 AM

We use it whenever we are on Villages roads. When it is cold we just zip it up and wear a coat. As someone else mentioned we do have the upgraded adjustable seats (but no nitro)

Bay Kid 02-03-2019 07:11 AM

Wherever I go I use the cart. No car. Nice seats are important and gas.

DonH57 02-03-2019 08:57 AM

I'll go as far as possible in a cart. Since I don't restrict my schedule it's pretty much anywhere in the villages.

karostay 02-03-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 1621559)
I'll go as far as possible in a cart. Since I don't restrict my schedule it's pretty much anywhere in the villages.

I'll second that...:bigbow:

Yes, there are idiots to avoid while driving in a golf cart.
But far more in a car some drivers think their either a Formula 1 driver in roundabouts or a NHRA driver when the gate arm rises

dewilson58 02-03-2019 09:14 AM

Just got back from Disney. Just over 2.5 hours.

A lot of honking and waving...........just a lot of friendly people in Florida.

collie1228 02-03-2019 09:18 AM

I don't measure it by miles, but I know that more than thirty minutes straight in a golf cart is too much for me. From our home near Spanish Springs, the trip to Belle Glade is approximately 35 minutes by golf cart, and that is as far as I ever go in the cart.

tophcfa 02-03-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1621529)
Wherever I go I use the cart. No car. Nice seats are important and gas.

Agree, a gas cart with good aftermarket seats has no limits within the Villages (Brownwood to Orange Blossem or Mulbury).

Fraugoofy 02-03-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1621528)
We use it whenever we are on Villages roads. When it is cold we just zip it up and wear a coat. As someone else mentioned we do have the upgraded adjustable seats (but no nitro)

The only nitro I use is in my beer...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk