Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Bad neighbors are a minority (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/bad-neighbors-minority-284057/)

JoMar 02-03-2019 01:33 PM

Bad neighbors are a minority

Met a couple that are doing a lifestyle visit in the Alden Bungalows. They love the home but when they went outside there was a bag of dog poop that someone deposited by throwing over the wall. I explained that while there are bad neighbors in almost every neighborhood, they are in the minority. Not sure I was effective but whoever in Alden did that they didn't make a good impression on that neighborhood.

rustyp 02-03-2019 02:21 PM

Yea another who flung poo thread. Gotta love the baby !

My Post 02-03-2019 02:27 PM

I got real nervous at the title of this thread.

perrjojo 02-03-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1621673)
Met a couple that are doing a lifestyle visit in the Alden Bungalows. They love the home but when they went outside there was a bag of dog poop that someone deposited by throwing over the wall. I explained that while there are bad neighbors in almost every neighborhood, they are in the minority. Not sure I was effective but whoever in Alden did that they didn't make a good impression on that neighborhood.

I guess that’s when you just toss it back over where it came from :MOJE_whot:

mills3186 02-03-2019 04:11 PM

We just stayed at an Alden bungalow for lifestyle week and was told that nearly everyone there is on a lifestyle week visit. Regardless, they should know better!

Skip’dabeat 02-03-2019 05:43 PM

Hmmm,,, Not saying what the thrower did was right but makes me wonder why someone would go out and look inside a bag in the backyard of a lifestyle rental unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredster 02-03-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip’dabeat (Post 1621733)
Hmmm,,, Not saying what the thrower did was right but makes me wonder why someone would go out and look inside a bag in the backyard of a lifestyle rental unit.

I wonder why someone would throw the crap
over the wall.
Plus possibly the bag was clear!

CFrance 02-03-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip’dabeat (Post 1621733)

You maybe don't have a dog. There is no mistaking a bag of doggy doo. No need to look inside.

Retiring 02-03-2019 11:42 PM

In a city of 100,000+ of course there are going to be some bad apples. You might even have a neighbor shoot 33 bullets into your home. Overall, the people of TV are great.

BTW, anyone know the final sentencing of the guy who shot up the neighbor’s house?

patfla06 02-04-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retiring (Post 1621805)
In a city of 100,000+ of course there are going to be some bad apples. You might even have a neighbor shoot 33 bullets into your home. Overall, the people of TV are great.

BTW, anyone know the final sentencing of the guy who shot up the neighbor’s house?

I think he got 5 years in prison.

PennBF 02-04-2019 08:21 AM

Just Reality

I believe reality is when there is any grouping like the Villages, A club or gathering there will always be a person or group that are either problems or difficult, etc. Just have to recognize this will be reality and get through it. :ohdear:

billethkid 02-04-2019 08:29 AM

Court yard villas and any home that has back to back and or side to side neighbor bird cage/open lenai....require one to do diligence the best way possible before buying.
Some are just too close, there are bound to be occasional conflicting lifestyles....

Smokers.
Loud talkers.
Night owls.
Barking dogs.
Nosy nellies.
etc.
etc.

CFrance 02-05-2019 04:57 PM

I didn't know the developers allow you to bring pets to a Lifestyle visit.

New Englander 02-05-2019 05:12 PM

There are people who own and live in the Alden Bungalow's as well as the visitors using the rental units.

JimJohnson 02-05-2019 05:15 PM

We love all our neighbors. I am a Democrat amongst close to 100% republicans, and we all get along just fine.