Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Loving It (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/loving-284135/)

Graspher 02-04-2019 01:06 PM

Loving It

Hello everyone - Glen and Marie here.

We lifestyled for a week in July 2018 and did a second lifestyle week this past January. And yes I did three months of research before showing up for our first visit.

All in all we visited 45 homes for sale - went to several rec centers - played pickle ball / billiards / table tennis / cards - visited every town center (several times) - went on every trolly tour - spent several hours woundering down the street of dreams (design center) made friends - travelled everywhere by golf cart.

Life in the bubble is fantastic - looking forward to becoming residents in the near future.

We’ve been houseless for the last 5 years! Currently living on a boat full time (a trawler) spending the off season docked in Lauderdale and the cruising season meandering throughout the Bahamian chain of islands - mostly the Abaco’s and Exumas.

I feel like I know many of the regular posters already as I’ve been following the forum for almost a year.

That’s us - that’s our intro - and you’ll see more of us (mostly me) in future postings.

Be well my friends....ribbit!

Schaumburger 02-08-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graspher (Post 1621968)

We lifestyled for a week in July 2018 and did a second lifestyle week this past January. And yes I did three months of research before showing up for our first visit.

All in all we visited 45 homes for sale - went to several rec centers - played pickle ball / billiards / table tennis / cards - visited every town center (several times) - went on every trolly tour - spent several hours woundering down the street of dreams (design center) made friends - travelled everywhere by golf cart.

Life in the bubble is fantastic - looking forward to becoming residents in the near future.

We’ve been houseless for the last 5 years! Currently living on a boat full time (a trawler) spending the off season docked in Lauderdale and the cruising season meandering throughout the Bahamian chain of islands - mostly the Abaco’s and Exumas.

I feel like I know many of the regular posters already as I’ve been following the forum for almost a year.

That’s us - that’s our intro - and you’ll see more of us (mostly me) in future postings.

TOTV is a great place to get information if you are planning a move to The Villages. Hope you find the home of your dreams in The Villages soon.
:welcome:

Goldwingnut 02-08-2019 07:14 AM

Love your optimistic attitude towards The Villages, you will fit right in with most of the people here.

You will find naysayers here, they tend to be very vocal and negative towards everything about The Villages. Don't be swayed or discouraged by their words and thoughts, The Villages is what you make of it.

Is The Villages perfect? No, of course not, it has its problems and issues, sadly most of which can be attributed to people who feel themselves entitled, have forgotten that there is a real world out there, or are just simply rude. There are community rules and deed restrictions that some feel don't apply to them, fortunately most here are not that way.

We are a limited cross section of our society that for the most part enjoy a comfortable lifestyle in our later years due to good decisions made throughout most of our lives. With this cross section comes many views, attitudes, and opinions, many you may agree with and some you may not. How you decide to handle these differences will go a long way to your level of enjoyment living here.

If you're wanting every store, every restaurant, and every luxury you had back in (you name the place) before you moved here, you may be disappointed. The development company works hard to attract a diverse number business, restaurants, and activities here, but ultimately those businesses must make their own decisions as to if the economic conditions are right and profitable for them to succeed. It is a unique market here in The Villages.

If you find yourself blessed to be living here and enjoy the lifestyle it offers, then I invite you to please join the rest of us who also have at the table for another glass of good cheer.

PennBF 02-08-2019 09:06 AM

If

If a complete life of enjoyment, being happy, things to do, and just all round a wonderful place to spend your life and you are looking for 100% of all of this you will get about 98% and believe me the next percentage somewhere else is probably around 10-15%. Been here going on 12 years and the days just get better! As they say ":clap2:

Bay Kid 02-08-2019 09:13 AM

Way too much to do here. Makes me sleep like a baby every night!

dewilson58 02-08-2019 09:34 AM

:welcome:

graciegirl 02-08-2019 09:37 AM

Hurry home kids. We'll leave the light on fer ya.

Cookie Princess 02-10-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

I have a question...I was under the impression that you can only do the lifestyle tour once. Is this correct?

Taltarzac725 02-10-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

What a great first post. Welcome to posting on TOTV. :MOJE_whot:

eweissenbach 02-10-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie Princess (Post 1623752)
I have a question...I was under the impression that you can only do the lifestyle tour once. Is this correct?

Talk to your Villages Properties Representative and he/she can get you set up.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-10-2019 06:06 PM

We were invited for a second Lifestyle visit when we were on the last day of our first Lifestyle Visit.

But since we've been to the Villages a few times already, we had already narrowed down our "dealbreakers" and our "must-haves" and what was left was the logistics and finding a home and area we could afford and would both enjoy living in. So another Lifestyle Visit wasn't really needed.

Graspher 02-11-2019 12:17 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, kind words and insights - much appreciated!

Gold Wing nut - I tip my helmet to you and say that I proudly logged 50,000 miles on a two tone blue SE from the 80’s. I closed the motorcycle chapter a few decades ago - but had the memories and adventures from that chapter remain fresh!

Regarding the number of lifestyles - yes, during our first lifestyle we were informed it was a one time deal but they would allow a second modified lifestyle associated with a potential purchase or build.

Sooo....for our second lifestyle we booked our January week’s stay at the LSL hotel this past August. Sometime in November we received a generic email from TV offering us the opportunity for another lifestyle. I will was in shock!

I called in told them we had one already - was not ready to purchase or build but would greatfully accept another opportunity if they were still willing.

Bing - they extended a second opportunity but there are a few perks omitted....no free golf - no free movie pass - no discount at the logo stores. All the main features are provided - lovely house - golf cart - bikes - newspaper - Wi-Fi - gate pass - and rec center pass. The omitted items were no issue at all. TV treated....and continues to treat us.....like royalty. With zero sales pressure!

I read as much as I could find about TV before our first lifestyle. A handful of information was outdated. I kept reading that the supplied golf cart maxed out at 12 mph. Not true - our first cart was brand new and rolled along at 21 mph. The second cart was just as fast. Several statistics were wrong but I can no longer recall which ones.

Regardless - I gathered a boatload of valuable information prior to making our first visit.

For anyone reading this that is going to lifestyle for the first time - don’t worry about the cart!

I’ll be looking for that light real soon Graciegirl!

valuemkt 02-11-2019 09:32 AM

We did two lifestyles about a year apart with zero issues.. both in the fall

sallybowron 02-11-2019 10:52 AM

welcome

Quote:

:welcome: :mademyday:

redwitch 02-11-2019 02:10 PM

Sounds like you found your spot, now you just need to find your home. Welcome aboard (pun intended).

Can’t wait to hear your stories of living on a trawler.