Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Yahoo Mail Question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/yahoo-mail-question-284450/)

bob47 02-08-2019 10:32 AM

Yahoo Mail Question

My Yahoo mail accepts mail from a friend's embarqmail account, but it rejects mail from their new gmail account. They get notified that the mail was not accepted.

I did not know you could block addresss on Yahoo mail but after doing some digging, find that I have 499 blocked addresses. I did not put any of them in. Does anybody know how they may have gotten there?

Also, not a single one is a gmail address. Are there any suggestions on why mail from my friend's gmail address is being rejected? Thanks for any help. It's fun to solve problems like this.

retiredguy123 02-08-2019 10:44 AM

Try this. Go to mail options, advanced options, and blocked addresses. This should show your blocked addresses, which you can remove. I have no idea how they may have gotten there. Good luck.

dewilson58 02-08-2019 10:55 AM

I just looked at my Yahoo email to see if anything looked wacko.............all looks good on mine.

BobnBev 02-08-2019 11:28 AM

My email password was changed without my knowledge, how could this happen?

villagetinker 02-08-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1623137)

You have been hacked, or your email and password were on one of the major sites recently hacked. You have work to do. First see if you can get back control of your email, create a NEW password. Then if you used the SAME password for other accounts, you need to immediately change all of them.

Dan9871 02-08-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1623137)

It typically happens if you use the same email address and password across multiple sites. One of those sites get compromised and suddenly the email and password you use is available across many sites.

Sites get broken into in many ways... even sometimes things like email/passwords lists are left in the clear if you just know where to look.

Go to Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach Have I Been Pawned site and put your email address in the search box and it will tell you if your email address and password are one of the 6 billion known compromised address/passwords out there. It will tell you where your email and address was compromised.

I know the person who built the site, it's not some kind of scam. It's pretty widely used now.

BobnBev 02-09-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1623163)
You have been hacked, or your email and password were on one of the major sites recently hacked. You have work to do. First see if you can get back control of your email, create a NEW password. Then if you used the SAME password for other accounts, you need to immediately change all of them.

Done, thank you.