Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Replacing glass shower door (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/replacing-glass-shower-door-284465/)

charmed59 02-08-2019 11:58 AM

Replacing glass shower door

I recently bought a courtyard villa. In the master bath the shower is opaque glass framed in aluminum. I was thinking of replacing that with a frameless glass door and enclosure with perhaps clear glass. Has anyone done this? Does it look good?

600th Photo Sq 02-08-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmed59 (Post 1623149)
I recently bought a courtyard villa. In the master bath the shower is opaque glass framed in aluminum. I was thinking of replacing that with a frameless glass door and enclosure with perhaps clear glass. Has anyone done this? Does it look good?

Yes I can help you: We have a Courtyard Villa and had our shower door replaced along with the right side glass panel. Looks fantastic.

Contact Entry Point by " Perry's Decorative Glass " Tel: 352-751-0883.

billethkid 02-08-2019 03:03 PM

Another vote for EntryPoint.
We chose the irregular chipped glass top edge with clear glass.
Their frameless glass enclosures are works of art.

coffeebean 02-09-2019 08:26 PM

Kenny Berry did an awesome job on our shower door with an adjacent glass panel. There is barely 1/16 inch separating the glass door with the glass panel. It truly elevated our remodel of the sink and mirror area. Our master bathroom looks spa like. That was the look I was going for and the frameless shower door was the icing on the cake. On time and professional.

Kenny Berry Shower Doors | "We will beat anyones price, with fast quality service"

CFrance 02-09-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1623504)
Kenny Berry did an awesome job on our shower door with an adjacent glass panel. There is barely 1/16 inch separating the glass door with the glass panel. It truly elevated our remodel of the sink and mirror area. Our master bathroom looks spa like. That was the look I was going for and the frameless shower door was the icing on the cake. On time and professional.

Kenny Berry Shower Doors | "We will beat anyones price, with fast quality service"

What did you do with the sink and mirror area?

Debfrommaine 02-09-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1623175)
Another vote for EntryPoint.
We chose the irregular chipped glass top edge with clear glass.
Their frameless glass enclosures are works of art.

We went and looked, certainly beautiful but at $1200 or so I need to really think about it.

coffeebean 02-16-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1623507)
What did you do with the sink and mirror area?

New cabinets, sinks, faucets, counter top, light fixtures, wall to wall mirror, backsplash and wall tile to the ceiling. The mirror is surrounded by tile on top and bottom.

billethkid 02-17-2019 10:41 AM

When we had the frameless shower enclosure installed, we also had them frame the his and hers mirrors. What a significant difference that alone makes in the overall appearance of the master bath room...

Debfrommaine 02-17-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1625538)
When we had the frameless shower enclosure installed, we also had them frame the his and hers mirrors. What a significant difference that alone makes in the overall appearance of the master bath room...

Any chance of posting a picture of the mirrors, sounds beautiful.