Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Cane Garden bartenders (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/cane-garden-bartenders-284591/)

skyking 02-09-2019 08:32 PM

Cane Garden bartenders

The regulars, who we loved, haven't been there the last two times we visited. Anyone know why?

Fredman 02-09-2019 09:03 PM

Why not ask the person who is tending the bar?

Bill32 02-10-2019 10:23 AM

I hear, Sandy and Dan were let go by the new owners.....why?....Sandy worked there more than 10 years...

karostay 02-10-2019 11:28 AM

My guess too many regulars who got free drinks..happens a lot here leave good tips and receive a free drink or two on occasion adds up over time Smart move replacing staff who over time become comfortable with regular clientele

Chi-Town 02-10-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1623684)
My guess too many regulars who got free drinks..happens a lot here leave good tips and receive a free drink or two on occasion adds up over time Smart move replacing staff who over time become comfortable with regular clientele

So much for "this one is on the house" reward for steady customers. I assume you don't frequent watering holes regularly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

karostay 02-10-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1623733)
So much for "this one is on the house" reward for steady customers. I assume you don't frequent watering holes regularly.

You condone stealing from employer...little here little there adds up
some patrons have no conscience especially after drink 3
Drinks are very affordable profits are thin as it is
I assume you frequent watering holes on a regular basis

skyking 02-10-2019 06:44 PM

What about James? The fellow with the funny responses.

Two Bills 02-10-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1623800)

Lot more profit from selling drinks than food.
Some of the prices for sodas, and mixers are obscene.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-10-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

I assume you never worked as a bartender, or in a bar, or in a restaurant, or in a bank, or in retail.

Bartender/bar: After seeing the same couple come in every week for a few months and bringing all their pals, who become regular customers as well, you give the first couple a round on the house. That's not stealing. It's thanking them for patronage AND increased revenue via their friends, who might not ever have gone there, if the couple hadn't brought them that first time.

Restaurant: birthday cupcake or free scoop of icecream on a couple's wedding anniversary. Not stealing - it's encouraging repeat patronage.

Banking: free lollipops FTMFW

Retail: Loyalty cards = free stuff for the customer, and repeat business for the store. There is actual data that shows customers who have and use loyalty cards are 50% more likely, to spend 50% more at the store, than customers who don't have those cards. That's why the cashier is always trying to push them on you.

All of the above are either a) encouraged by the employer, b) provided by the employer, or c) required by the employer. No stealing. It's an expected part of the cost of doing business.

golf2140 02-10-2019 08:27 PM

Chris and Dan both left. Dan went to manage a business within The Villages and Chris is dabbling in stock. Sandy maybe because she never took good care of customers.

Chi-Town 02-10-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

So much conjecture on your part. Nothing but.

rjn5656 02-11-2019 07:17 AM

Waitress yesterday told us some people went to Lopez.

600th Photo Sq 02-11-2019 06:17 PM

Cane Garden should take a cue from the owners of Havana, Red Sauce, Rockets, and now Lopez... Gut the place ( Cane Garden ) and start fresh.

The whole place needs a complete makeover it is tired, and it shows. The place looks and feels " Cheap ". Borderline " Dive "

Doro22 02-11-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1624215)
Cane Garden should take a cue from the owners of Havana, Red Sauce, Rockets, and now Lopez... Gut the place ( Cane Garden ) and start fresh.

The whole place needs a complete makeover it is tired, and it shows. The place looks and feels " Cheap ". Borderline " Dive "

Yep I agree. And the food is mediocre. For a comparable venue I much prefer Mallory Hill.

BLUSH 03-04-2019 06:02 AM

Our favorite place (previously) because of the bartenders - Dan, Sandy and Chris - not the same without them. Very sad to read this. Noticed many of the regulars were not there - I never noticed a free drink on my tab ! If anyone sees them working at another Villages establishment, please post. We did check out Lopez yesterday and didn't see any of them working there.