Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-pitch-n-putt-course-absolutely-beautiful-284681/)

VApeople 02-10-2019 06:11 PM

New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful

We often go to the Fenney area on Sunday to walk around and see what is happening.

Today we went to the new neighborhood of Marsh Bend, parked in the Marsh View housing area with the brick streets, and walked along the pedestrian trail to the new Cattail Recreation Area.

The pedestrian trail is great - a wide asphalt path that will not allow golf carts, much nicer than a MMP for walking. The path winds thru live oak trees and has very nice views of Hog Eye Marsh.

We were very impressed with the new pitch-putt course they are building. The holes we saw were short (40-70 yards), but the greens appeared to have a lot of slope with some very challenging possible pin positions. In short, the whole place is truly beautiful, with the creek running thru the course, the small lakes, and the gorgeous live oaks.

There were no cart paths on the course, but there were narrow concrete paths from one green to the next tee, probably so people would not get confused which hole is next.

When everything is finished, I can foresee that my wife and I will enjoy parking our car at the Everglades Rec Center, taking the walking trail to Cattail, having lunch at one of the food trucks they plan to have there, and then walking back on the trail that is supposed to go north of Hog Eye Marsh.

graciegirl 02-10-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VApeople (Post 1623826)
We often go to the Fenney area on Sunday to walk around and see what is happening.

Today we went to the new neighborhood of Marsh Bend, parked in the Marsh View housing area with the brick streets, and walked along the pedestrian trail to the new Cattail Recreation Area.

The pedestrian trail is great - a wide asphalt path that will not allow golf carts, much nicer than a MMP for walking. The path winds thru live oak trees and has very nice views of Hog Eye Marsh.

We were very impressed with the new pitch-putt course they are building. The holes we saw were short (40-70 yards), but the greens appeared to have a lot of slope with some very challenging possible pin positions. In short, the whole place is truly beautiful, with the creek running thru the course, the small lakes, and the gorgeous live oaks.

There were no cart paths on the course, but there were narrow concrete paths from one green to the next tee, probably so people would not get confused which hole is next.

When everything is finished, I can foresee that my wife and I will enjoy parking our car at the Everglades Rec Center, taking the walking trail to Cattail, having lunch at one of the food trucks they plan to have there, and then walking back on the trail that is supposed to go north of Hog Eye Marsh.

I think...…..those danged Morses just keep getting better all the time.

Disclaimer to those who wrote me nasty P.M.s...
I do not sell real estate. Never have. Don't know the danged Morses, wish I did. I would shake their hands and thank them. My support of this beautiful place is genuine. I am almost 80 years old and I have been a place or two. This place is so nice. I am so glad to live here.

FriscoKid 02-10-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1623843)

I do not sell real estate. Never have. Don't know the danged Morses, wish I did. I would shake their hands and thank them. My support of this beautiful place is genuine. I am almost 80 years old and I have been a place or two. This place is so nice. I am so glad to live here.

--

I'm new around here... bought a home in DeSoto a few months ago. (I am generally familiar with FL as I lived in S. FL for several years a couple decades ago.)

I too am impressed with what what the Morse's have built up here. I am also very appreciative of the continued construction as it has afforded me the opportunity to buy now as I get ready for my own retirement years!

P.S. GracieGirl: Love your posts! Thanks!

tophcfa 02-10-2019 08:18 PM

Well, that is kind of a bummer for us folks with bad knees that need to use a golf cart. Can you use a golf cart even though there are no cart paths? If not, that kind of limits a lot of senior citizens ability to use the golf facility?

tom_sjc 02-10-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1623870)

Well, that is kind of a bummer for us folks with bad knees that need to use a golf cart. Can you use a golf cart even though there are no cart paths? If not, that kind of limits a lot of senior citizens ability to use the golf facility?

No golf carts. Walking only.

BobnBev 02-10-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1623843)

I couldn't have said it better, myself.:bigbow:

DonH57 02-10-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

For a minute I thought the one supposedly future short game practice facility near Mulberry was done but I'm guessing we'll never see it. What ones we do have north of 466 were fine back in the day but not now.

twoplanekid 02-10-2019 09:37 PM

An picture take from the Cub of the golf course last week ->Dropbox - IMG_1797.JPG
and -> Dropbox - IMG_1798.JPG

tophcfa 02-10-2019 10:42 PM

No championship golf, pitch and putt, walking only???? I guess the plan for the Villages south is catering to a different generation? Glad to be living north of 466.

VApeople 02-10-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1623870)
Can you use a golf cart even though there are no cart paths?

I have no idea. We will see what the rules are when the course opens.

vintageogauge 02-11-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1623905)
No championship golf, pitch and putt, walking only???? I guess the plan for the Villages south is catering to a different generation? Glad to be living north of 466.

They are indeed building a Championship course down here, Goldwingnut pointed it out on one of his videos. The pitch and put only allows a limited number of clubs to be used, I believe it said 2 and a putter but not 100% sure, as far as golf cars for those who can't walk, I don't know the answer so we'll have to wait and see. Your stating that TV is catering to a different generation is a bit premature at this point in time. I'm glad to be living down here and can't wait for the gourmet food trucks to line up, permits might have already been issued to these vendors. Marsh landing is going to be a beautiful village with tons of new amenities. I think they should have a full time EMS unit at the soccer fields, there are going to be a lot of muscles, tendons, and bones injured once that starts up.

VApeople 02-11-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1623889)
An picture take from the Cub of the golf course last week ->Dropbox - IMG_1797.JPG
and -> Dropbox - IMG_1798.JPG

Thanks very much for posting these two pictures.

The first picture will give people an idea of the beautiful walking trail from the Marsh View neighborhood to the Cattail Rec Center.

The second picture shows a closer view of the pitch-n-putt course with all of its water hazards. Yeah, the holes may be short but, as best we could tell, the first holes on both nines are right in front of the starters shack and they have forced carries over the water hazard. No place to hit a dribbler.

A truly gorgeous area. IMHO, the nicest we have seen in TV.

Topspinmo 02-11-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

I would use mosquito repellent when walking close to the marshes, especially in the evening

Lottoguy 02-11-2019 05:25 PM

I agree with you on this. All those houses and STILL no regulation 18 hole golf course.

UpNorth 02-11-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1623905)

Why build real golf courses when you can use the land to build more houses to maximize profit and give the residents undersized "Pitch and putt" and "Putt and Play" substitutes?

Not for me.