Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Progress at Trailwinds (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/progress-trailwinds-284841/)

Happinow 02-12-2019 11:12 PM

Progress at Trailwinds

I don’t know about you, but progress seems slow. They have cleared a ton of land, but not much being built. I so wish they would put some restaurants there. And....I’m very patiently waiting for Hobby Lobby! Anyone have any timing updates on when they will start building more stuff?

graciegirl 02-13-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 1624576)
I don’t know about you, but progress seems slow. They have cleared a ton of land, but not much being built. I so wish they would put some restaurants there. And....I’m very patiently waiting for Hobby Lobby! Anyone have any timing updates on when they will start building more stuff?

Isn't Trailwinds that area next to Aldi's that isn't owned by The Developer?

photo1902 02-13-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1624582)
Isn't Trailwinds that area next to Aldi's that isn't owned by The Developer?

Bingo!

Bogie Shooter 02-13-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 1624576)

They, would be the Barclay Group.

TRAILWINDS VILLAGE | Barclay Group

Chi-Town 02-13-2019 09:24 AM

I still wonder how The Villages let that property go. It was a battle they could have won with the amount of clout they have in Sumter county. But then again the best time to have acquired that land was when the expansion to and across 466A was happening ten years ago.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

EviesGP 02-13-2019 10:21 AM

Yeah. If I could just a find a way to sneak thru, I could get to Lowes in my golf cart? :icon_wink:

alanmcdonald 02-13-2019 10:40 AM

If I remember correctly, The Villages had a deal to acquire the Trailwinds land, but Wildwood was demanding full golf cart access to Wildwood residents not in TV to approve the TV development plan. The Developer would not agree to this and TV dropped their option on the property.

Happinow 02-13-2019 01:39 PM

Not owned by Villages

I think it’s a good thing that Trailwonds is not owned by The Villages. After all, how many more nail salons, Subways and insurance places do we need??? Looking forward to some “out of the box” stores/restaurants coming to town.

John_W 02-13-2019 02:02 PM

pauld315 02-13-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 1624706)
I think it’s a good thing that Trailwonds is not owned by The Villages. After all, how many more nail salons, Subways and insurance places do we need??? Looking forward to some “out of the box” stores/restaurants coming to town.

I amost have to laugh. That is exactly what you will get there regardless of oner. At least with TV you would have golf cart access.

pauld315 02-13-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1624710)
The Barclay Group sidetracked them by leasing to businesses not already in the area, Aldis, Lowes, ABC Liquor, Circle K and the strip center which has Jersey Mike's, a Verizon Store and a Remax Realty, and Wendys and Taco Bell coming this year.

All of these store are either already in TV or just outside of it

JoMar 02-13-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1624772)
All of these store are either already in TV or just outside of it

But all outside of the area of Trailwinds...nict to have some gowth down this way.

LuvtheVillages 02-13-2019 04:59 PM

The foundation and walls are up on a new place east of Circle K, it should be either a Wendys or Taco Bell, no sign on the property as of today.

The Trailwinds property that is under construction will be VyStar Credit Union. You can see it on the Barkley website.

The Wendys and Taco Bell will be immediately east of Circle K.

justjim 02-13-2019 08:41 PM

Golf cart access

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1624768)
I amost have to laugh. That is exactly what you will get there regardless of oner. At least with TV you would have golf cart access.

As I remember there were some residents in the village of Tamarind Grove who were opposed to golf cart access traffic going through their Village. I’m not saying that was the reason The Village Developer “backed off” because the Developer could have built a tunnel under 466A (expensive option) to access that property. At that time, Wildwood officials said they wanted certain land set-aside for “mix use” and the Village Developer balked at that idea and thus we have Trailwinds.

mulligan 02-14-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1624710)
I agree completely, but I think TV plans called for another couple of thousand homes and villas, you could of called it Pine Ridge West. That would really overtaxed the golf courses and the other amenties. I believe Wildwood declined those plans because they wanted more commercial use instead of residential. With Winn Dixie Shopping Center across the street and the empty stores at Brownwood, TV probably didn't want to go that route. The Barclay Group sidetracked them by leasing to businesses not already in the area, Aldis, Lowes, ABC Liquor, Circle K and the strip center which has Jersey Mike's, a Verizon Store and a Remax Realty, and Wendys and Taco Bell coming this year.

The Jersey Mike's that opened Jan 9th is now the busiest location in Florida.

The foundation and walls are up on a new place east of Circle K, it should be either a Wendys or Taco Bell, no sign on the property as of today.

The building being built is a credit union according to the sign on the lot. Wendy's, Publix' and Taco Bell are on the land across the street behind circle K.