Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   USAF Vets, what do you think happened here? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/usaf-vets-what-do-you-think-happened-here-284873/)

My Post 02-13-2019 12:15 PM

USAF Vets, what do you think happened here?

I find this story about Capt. Zoe Kotnik interesting.....

Replaced after only two weeks, AF taking a lot of heat after parading her around. No way they would have wanted the bad press....what could have happened in two weeks?

Why was Capt. Zoe Kotnik, first female Viper demo team commander, ousted after 2 weeks? | Fox News

seoulbrooks 02-13-2019 12:24 PM

Messing around with some subordinate....

Only reason I ever saw leadership positions replaced so fast.

Witnessed on several occasions.

Bogie Shooter 02-13-2019 12:57 PM

Here is the full statement from 20th Fighter Wing commander Col. Derek O’Malley:
Viper Demo Team friends and family, please see a message below from the 20th Fighter Wing commander.
I removed Capt. Kotnik from her position as the commander of the Viper Demo team yesterday, because I lost confidence in her ability to lead the team.
I know that loss of confidence is a common response from the Air Force, whenever someone is removed from a command position, and I think it’s important to understand why we take this approach.
We have thousands of Airmen across our Air Force serving our country, and not one of them is perfect. As good people, like Capt. Kotnik make mistakes, I want them to have the opportunity to learn from them without being under public scrutiny, and to continue to be a part of this great service. They’ll be better for the experience, and in turn, we’ll be better as an Air Force.
In these types of situations, I never forget that we’re dealing with real human beings, that I care deeply about, and that we are charged to take care of. This will be a difficult time for Capt. Kotnik, but she’s surrounded by wingmen that will help her every step of the way.
It was exciting to have the first female demo team pilot here at Shaw, but I’m also just as excited about the many other females that are serving with great distinction across our Air Force. I’m proud to serve with them, and I’m inspired by them. Even as I speak, another female pilot from the 20th Fighter Wing is flying combat missions in the Middle East.
Maj. Waters, last season’s Viper Demo pilot has resumed command, so the team is in great hands, and the show will go on. We’re looking forward to another amazing season with this team.
Col. Derek O’Malley
Commander, 20th Fighter Wing
----------
Looks like we may never know or maybe we shouldn't.
(Sorry not a USAF vet....just my two cents)

BobnBev 02-13-2019 03:49 PM

Colonel O'Malley can kiss his first star goodbye, unless, of course, he was told by people that outrank him, to replace her. As they say, **** runs downhill.:ohdear:

logdog 02-13-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seoulbrooks (Post 1624686)
Messing around with some subordinate....

Only reason I ever saw leadership positions replaced so fast.

Witnessed on several occasions.

That would be my guess...

billethkid 02-13-2019 04:06 PM

There is the "official" homginized/sterilized public statement.
Which we have seen.

Then there is the real story which we will never hear about unless somebody decides to get rich or famous or both over what ever was the real story!!!!

The response was obviously calculated knowing there would be significant negative reaction. Wait till the legal vultures and do-gooders get their claws into it.

twoplanekid 02-14-2019 09:25 PM

A different perspective on this case by the man in charge who I admire his views. -> We Talk Mistakes, Redemption, And Leadership With Commander Who Fired First Female Demo Team Leader - The Drive

dave042 02-14-2019 10:21 PM

You can draw your own conclusions from this report but I suspect she was too immature for command or screwing around with subordinates.

As news of her removal became public, Kotnik deleted her Instagram page. Her last visible post showed her goofing around with Major John “Rain” Waters’ son. Kotnik wrote in the caption, “Sorry @rainwaters27, your family is coming with me on the road this year… Just kidding… but seriously. This was too cute not to share.” On her Instagram bio, Kotnik wrote, “Chick Fighter Pilot-Zoomie ‘11-Girly Girl-Traveler-Adventurer-Thrill Seeker-Foodie .Life.Family.Flying.Outdoors. Red, White, Blue.”

600th Photo Sq 02-15-2019 08:22 AM

Has to be a jilted lover that spilled the beans based on the swiftness of her being relieved of her command and especially being a female.

Had to be justified. Basically, she is washed up.

billethkid 02-15-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1625074)
Has to be a jilted lover that spilled the beans based on the swiftness of her being relieved of her command and especially being a female.

Had to be justified. Basically, she is washed up.

In this day of litigious behavior and get rich quick schemes the justification will be based on the most creative/aggressive lawyer(s).

Topspinmo 02-22-2019 05:41 PM

It’s unlucky Luck of 20th. I was stationed in England at 20th fighter squadron. Base commander all sudden got 1st star, nest month he was replaced And retired col. . Lots of stuff right down to airman happen there. Luckily I escaped without blemish.

600th Photo Sq 02-22-2019 06:17 PM

News Flash: 2 Rules... One for Officers......and One for Enlisted..... Get the drift...The End