Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   Colin Kaepernick as a Patriot or Panther. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/colin-kaepernick-patriot-panther-285137/)

Taltarzac725 02-17-2019 01:08 PM

Colin Kaepernick as a Patriot or Panther.

Attorney for Colin Kaepernick sees Panthers, Patriots as potential landing spots for QB

Now this would be an interesting turn of events. Fellow University of Nevada, Reno grad Kaepernick has admittedly done some bone-headed things on and of the football field but does deserve to play if he can pass the try-outs for these teams.

manaboutown 02-17-2019 01:18 PM

The clown is no patriot, that is for sure, regardless of the name of the team he joins. I had hoped we had seen the last of him and his ilk.

Kenswing 02-17-2019 01:20 PM

He hasn't played since 2016. In the last two seasons that he did play his team went something like 3-20. He's just not that good.

And what team wants the media circus that will come with him?

Rapscallion St Croix 02-17-2019 01:40 PM

Every game he plays should be officiated by the Saints/Rams crew. "There was no roughing the QB on that play."

Taltarzac725 02-17-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1625579)
Every game he plays should be officiated by the Saints/Rams crew. "There was no roughing the QB on that play."

I certainly hear where you are coming from but since I have a lot of African American and Jamaican American relatives through my late younger brother-- racial identity is imposed by many factors-- I also see where Kaepernick is coming from. There are still very deep racial problems in the United States and in many other countries. And I do not see these going away any time soon.

John_W 02-17-2019 02:24 PM

He was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert, the guy is a backup at best.

Mikeod 02-17-2019 02:49 PM

IMO, the settlement is a farewell gift both ways. He’ll never play in the NFL again, and the league won’t have to open their inner discussions to public scrutiny.

fishon 02-17-2019 03:01 PM

He would be a good fit for the Patriots.

Kenswing 02-17-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishon (Post 1625603)
He would be a good fit for the Patriots.

How so? The Patriots know how to win.. lol

C4Boston 02-17-2019 03:41 PM

Belichick wants committed players that can win for him Kaepernick is in it for himself.

Bucco 02-17-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4Boston (Post 1625622)
Belichick wants committed players that can win for him Kaepernick is in it for himself.

What is that based on ? The part of "in it for himself" ?

Kenswing 02-17-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1625643)
The word "entirely" is YOURS, and you are not privy to what I wrote.

Still looking for that discussion of his strengths and weakness on the field, and how he might fit in anyone's plans.

I am not a Kapernick fan by the way...he gave the Niners a shot when they needed it, mostly with his legs, but you are either ill informed or extremely naive if you think these posts have anything to do with the game.

Still awaiting some explanation on this discussion of his football skills

I alluded to his skills in my first post. But here are some more we can discuss.

In his six years in the NFL he averaged a completion percentage of less than 60% Where as Tom Brady over his entire career has 64%.

His passing yards per game have only averaged over 200 yards one season. With an career average of 188. Tom Brady has averaged over 200 yards per game in almost every season he's played. And has a career average yards per game of 262.

I only compared him to Brady since the Patriots are reportedly in the running.

Bucco 02-17-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1625647)
I alluded to his skills in my first post. But here are some more we can discuss.

In his six years in the NFL he averaged a completion percentage of less than 60% Where as Tom Brady over his entire career has 64%.

His passing yards per game have only averaged over 200 yards one season. With an career average of 188. Tom Brady has averaged over 200 yards per game in almost every season he's played. And has a career average yards per game of 262.

Your defense of cohorts is noted, as I did not mention your post.

This is not a dance I like ever. It is a discussion, however innocently begun that most responses are veiled attempts at character assisination, and I surely am not going to defend him, simply call out any phonies and blowhards attempting to be holier than thou, when they trail badly in any race for the high ground.

Bucco 02-17-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1625647)

IF he is picked up, he will be a backup until he retires. He played in SF when they had a definitive need at QB, and like I said, he gave them a shot, albeit a short one.

JimJohnson 02-17-2019 04:49 PM

He was a great player and is a great patriot. Put back on the field.