Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Travel Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/)
-   -   Bus Trips (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/bus-trips-285198/)

Trippe 02-18-2019 09:53 AM

Bus Trips

Senior Adventures Bus Trips
Has anyone used this company and if so how was your
experience?

Daddymac 02-18-2019 11:24 AM

Following

mixsonci 02-18-2019 12:30 PM

I use them quite often, they are very good, no complaints. Easy to get to the bus and park. I have 2 trips coming up with them soon. Buses are comfortable.

rjn5656 02-19-2019 06:25 AM

Have used them for various concerts or shows in Tampa/Orlando.

Madelaine Amee 02-19-2019 07:48 AM

Have used them, excellent. I have friend who is going to Key West with them shortly.

Lottoguy 02-19-2019 10:33 AM

I just booked the NASA tour in March. First time for me. Wanted to give it a try. You board their bus by the American Legion.

Fredman 02-19-2019 10:50 AM

Senior ventures

Took a trip with them and my only complaint was I had a gps on my phone and the bus driver was traveling at speeds in excess of 80 mph. I thought that was excessive. Since the speed limit on the turnpike is 70 mph. When we departed the bus I ask the driver if she thought that 80 mph was excessive. Her response was to laugh and say no. We made it back from Orlando in less than an hour. I called the company and reported her.

Bryan 02-22-2019 05:41 AM

I have used Senior Adventures several times, both for day trips to Orlando or Tampa and for longer trips to Biloxi and Branson. No real complaints and I was pretty well satisfied. A suggested improvement for them would be lunch stops on multi-day trips - I got tired of Burger King or McDonalds for lunch - there are better places to stop.

Happinow 02-22-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredman (Post 1626182)
Took a trip with them and my only complaint was I had a gps on my phone and the bus driver was traveling at speeds in excess of 80 mph. I thought that was excessive. Since the speed limit on the turnpike is 70 mph. When we departed the bus I ask the driver if she thought that 80 mph was excessive. Her response was to laugh and say no. We made it back from Orlando in less than an hour. I called the company and reported her.

I’m glad you reported the driver! 80 MPH is excessive and puts lives in danger. I don’t take buses for anything because they are on a time schedule and it is more important for them to get there on time than to consider the safety of their passengers. I think 70 is as fast as I want to go, even though the majority of traffic has no problem pushing 80 and above. Sounds like a death sentence to me.