Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Leaf cleanup Fenney area (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/leaf-cleanup-fenney-area-285631/)

EdAddison 02-23-2019 08:43 AM

Leaf cleanup Fenney area

So, I move to The Villages for relaxation. The non-Village area my home backs up to has huge beautiful oak trees. I have raked a few times already. But, did not envision spending this much time on my yard! I have searched through TOTV and do see some older posts about leaf cleanup services. Is there anybody currently using a service that does a good job and is not too expensive?

pauld315 02-23-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdAddison (Post 1627296)
So, I move to The Villages for relaxation. The non-Village area my home backs up to has huge beautiful oak trees. I have raked a few times already. But, did not envision spending this much time on my yard! I have searched through TOTV and do see some older posts about leaf cleanup services. Is there anybody currently using a service that does a good job and is not too expensive?

Get whoever mows your lawn to do it

birdawg 02-23-2019 03:14 PM

Look at the bright side no snow removal.

asianthree 02-23-2019 05:50 PM

One blower 10 minutes done

Bay Kid 02-24-2019 07:20 AM

Beautiful, but very messy trees.

Chi-Town 02-24-2019 09:31 AM

You've gotta rake them or they'll snuff out your lawn. Better to rake a few times in February than shovel all winter long, I guess.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ladila2 02-24-2019 01:11 PM

Hi, I can definitely relate. I, too, have deciduous trees in my yard. I am looking for a lawn service who used a muncher mower. This can definitely do the trick. Being from upstate New York, this is the way I use to mow my yard which has many maple and ash trees. They love to drop leaves. If you do come across someone like I said please let me know. Thanks and I will do the same for you. Dick Lally, Mallory, The Villages....352-350-2795

coffeebean 03-24-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1627579)
You've gotta rake them or they'll snuff out your lawn. Better to rake a few times in February than shovel all winter long, I guess.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm DONE raking. Been there. Done that. I did fall clean up right around December 1st in New Jersey and vowed never ever to have to do that again. The last few years I did pay my lawn guy to do the clean up but there was always more clean up needed by the end of winter when all the other home owner's leaves blew onto my lawn and landscape. I got my wish here in The Villages. No leaf clean up necessary.

mills3186 03-24-2019 02:12 PM

We seriously were looking at property along the fence line in Fenney which was backed up by the beautiful oak trees. Found another house we liked better, and now hearing you say this, am I ever glad! We had 11 oaks on our Wisconsin property and a slave to fall clean-up. Never again.

Topspinmo 03-25-2019 01:28 PM

If you got grass you can get manual push leaf sweeper, 21” wide you push for 50 to 80 bucks depending on were you buy it. It has rotating sweeper brushes that picks leave up and shoots them in basket, then you just empty the basket. I have the pull type for my riding lawn mower and cleaned about acre in. 45 mins or so depending on how deep leave were, I had over 40 oak trees on my property. Only used rake in the corners where the leaf sweeper couldn’t get to. 21” push model is small enough to handle and you get some excerise if you able to do it. It will pay for itself in less that 2 service calls