Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Yamaha Quietech (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/yamaha-quietech-285633/)

Joeint 02-23-2019 08:58 AM

Yamaha Quietech

Has anyone had an older Yamaha and a newer Quietech model? Is it worth looking for the Quietech? I'll be coming down next week and on the lookout for a golf cart. I wonder when The Villages Golf Cars will be clearing the 2019's for the 2020 model. If you'll be selling one soon let me know.

Dan9871 02-23-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeint (Post 1627302)
Has anyone had an older Yamaha and a newer Quietech model? Is it worth looking for the Quietech? I'll be coming down next week and on the lookout for a golf cart. I wonder when The Villages Golf Cars will be clearing the 2019's for the 2020 model. If you'll be selling one soon let me know.

We have the older Yamaha but have ridden in a neighbors Yamaha/QuietTech. If I had do over no question I would get the QuietTech cart, it is much more quiet than ours... even though we added sound insulation to ours.

The newer Yamaha's also have a different suspension than ours which makes for a nicer ride over bumps.

RErmer 02-23-2019 10:41 AM

We have both old and new Yamaha carts. We bought the new cart because it is so much quieter. The downside of the new ones is that it has a few less horsepower, which we can really tell going up a hill. Also, there is a known issue with the belt; in one year we have had to have it replaced 3 times. So, we are really torn on if the new cart is better or not!

Kahuna32162 02-23-2019 11:03 AM

Go to Carts and Clubs on 441/27, just before Ocala. They have a cut out in the showroom that will show you exactly what they do extra to improve the noise of a gas cart. Well worth the effort to be educated before you purchase a cart.

Laker14 02-23-2019 01:46 PM

I just drove mine to the Strawberry Festival yesterday, with the windshield down. I could not hear the motor over the wind noise.

Joeint 02-24-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan9871 (Post 1627319)
We have the older Yamaha but have ridden in a neighbors Yamaha/QuietTech. If I had do over no question I would get the QuietTech cart, it is much more quiet than ours... even though we added sound insulation to ours.

The newer Yamaha's also have a different suspension than ours which makes for a nicer ride over bumps.

Thanks for the advice I will look for the Quietech model

TechGC 02-24-2019 01:18 PM

From a service standpoint, they take a little longer to service and from a repair standpoint they will take longer to repair and cost more.

curtis41 03-11-2019 09:06 AM

PVT Drive 2 2019 cart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeint (Post 1627302)

I have a new Quiettech cart. Large tires, good suspension. I was surprised to see it set for 20 mph at the factory. Very quiet, good enough power to take 4 riders. I took off the rear seats and replaced them with a cargo box. Live on a farm and needed a good cart. It is 0.3 mile just to the barn, and 0.3 mile to the back pasture gate. My wife rides it at least twice a day to feed horses and all around the back pastures. Well-built and designed cart.

nanker 03-11-2019 03:14 PM

Hi i have a 2019 quieteck it has on miles. It has been in the shop for 6 days and it wont back up . Not happy. Hope you du better have a nice day