Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   Poms (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/poms-285662/)

champion6 02-23-2019 03:12 PM

Poms

This is sure to be a hit in TV: POMS (2019) Official Trailer

Taltarzac725 02-23-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1627446)

That looks like a sure thing for the Villages. I hope they put it in a few different theaters at the same time.

Taltarzac725 05-10-2019 07:44 AM

Poms (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes

I may have to go see this to get my own take on it.

kas52 06-06-2019 08:29 AM

Saw Poms. Loved it! Brought back memories of cheerleading in junior high & high school; living in Phoenix, AZ during the 80's and now enjoying the benefits of The Villages, FL.

Poms Movie: The True Story Behind the “Sun City Poms” Women Poms Movie: The True Story Behind the “Sun City Poms” Women

Del Webb’s Sun City Peachtree Stars Alongside Diane Keaton in Latest Film, Poms Del Webb’s Sun City Peachtree Stars Alongside Diane Keaton in Latest Film, Poms

lanabanana73 06-06-2019 10:15 AM

I thought this was a great "feel good" movie. Easy to watch. Cried at the end!

ladylake1 06-07-2019 11:22 AM

Poms

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1627446)

I really enjoyed this movie. Knew what the ending would be so wasn't as hard to take. Not really a comedy but alot of laughs because of the "characters."

Taltarzac725 06-07-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladylake1 (Post 1655976)
I really enjoyed this movie. Knew what the ending would be so wasn't as hard to take. Not really a comedy but alot of laughs because of the "characters."

May go see this one if not too crowded on a $5 Tuesday showing. Probably be the only single male in the audience.

Taltarzac725 08-01-2019 08:40 AM

Poms comes out on Blu-Ray DVD August 6, 2019.

Poms DVD Release Date August 6, 2019

I just may have to buy this one. If there are any left after Villagers find it.

Boomer 08-10-2019 11:43 AM

Watched it on Amazon Prime last night. Entertaining. Moves fast.

Some of the negatively portrayed character-types we know all too well, for real, at this point in our lives -- The Busy Bodies. The Queen Bees. The Jackasses. All there. Fun to see them captured on the screen though.

It was also fun to see Rhea Perlman not being Carla. Loved how her character blossomed, along with the others, too.

(As an aside: To those of us still trying to figure out how to finally go gray, Diane Keaton's hair deserves a close look. It appears that it was heavily highlighted with the color brought up very light and probably with a toner to keep out the brass. (Toners are a good thing, too often skipped.)Then there were lowlights throughout, to add dimension. Looked good. Warning: I am not a hairstylist. I just happen to think I can recognize a good dye job when I see one. And I still have not managed to go gently into my true hair color so I am always looking at gray hair and trying to figure out how to get from Point A to Point Z without the long growing out time. I think Diane Keaton is 72 or 73 -- not sure.)

Taltarzac725 08-10-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1672037)
Watched it on Amazon Prime last night. Entertaining. Moves fast.

Some of the negatively portrayed character-types we know all too well, for real, at this point in our lives -- The Busy Bodies. The Queen Bees. The Jackasses. All there. Fun to see them captured on the screen though.

It was also fun to see Rhea Perlman not being Carla. Loved how her character blossomed, along with the others, too.

(As an aside: To those of us still trying to figure out how to finally go gray, Diane Keaton's hair deserves a close look. It appears that it was heavily highlighted with the color brought up very light and probably with a toner to keep out the brass. (Toners are a good thing, too often skipped.)Then there were lowlights throughout, to add dimension. Looked good. Warning: I am not a hairstylist. I just happen to think I can recognize a good dye job when I see one. And I still have not managed to go gently into my true hair color so I am always looking at gray hair and trying to figure out how to get from Point A to Point Z without the long growing out time. I think Diane Keaton is 72 or 73 -- not sure.)

Diane Keaton - Rotten Tomatoes

She is 73. Born January 5, 1946.