Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Downsize from a designer to a CYV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/downsize-designer-cyv-285698/)

upstate 02-24-2019 11:03 AM

Downsize from a designer to a CYV

Like to hear from those who have, and the reasons why. I’ve heard about this a few times. Thanks.

CFrance 02-24-2019 08:45 PM

There's just the two of us. One son & wife live abroad and the other super busy with television news. We sold the designer and downsized to a CYV, 3 br 2 baths, inside laundry. Also, we had become seasonal residents, 5 months here, 7 months elsewhere. We have plenty of space, about 1450 square feet. The lanai is enclosed, we put remote-controlled awning over the patio, the wall backs onto Tamarind Grove so our view over the wall is blue sky and trees instead of somebody else's roof. The privacy is great and the dog can meander. At 85 lbs, he probably won't be taken by a hawk. The landscaping is stone, so no worries about a lawn maintenance guy disappearing when we leave for the summer. The people in the neighborhood are very friendly. I couldn't be happier.

JimD215 02-24-2019 10:12 PM

I live in a CYV and it is also a designer home.

Debfrommaine 02-25-2019 05:46 AM

Our designer home was nice but we realized privacy was important to us. Stayed a couple of years in designer and then moved into a corner lot 3/2 CYV. Lot was big enough that we added a good size pool. Life is good behind these villa walls.

sallybowron 02-27-2019 12:37 AM

Cyv

We moved from a designer home to a CYV for the following reasons.
1. My husband plays bridge and golf with the guy next door. 2. We wanted to lower our monthly payments 3. we have less cleaning and housework here. And 4, our dog :doggie: can go in and out at will.

Since we moved 5 of our neighbors moved to Fenny, I was diagnosed with cancer and have to get weekly chemo and shots to rebuild my immune system. None of these were planned, but we are working around them. This would have been much harder with all the work we had in to other house.

CFrance 02-27-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallybowron (Post 1628492)
1. My husband plays bridge and golf with the guy next door. 2. We wanted to lower our monthly payments 3. we have less cleaning and housework here. And 4, our dog :doggie: can go in and out at will.

Since we moved 5 of our neighbors moved to Fenny, I was diagnosed with cancer and have to get weekly chemo and shots to rebuild my immune system. None of these were planned, but we are working around them. This would have been much harder with all the work we had in to other house.

Best wishes and prayers for your recovery, sallybowron.:pray:

photo1902 02-27-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimD215 (Post 1627808)
I live in a CYV and it is also a designer home.

Two separate animals.

Challenger 02-27-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1627788)
There's just the two of us. One son & wife live abroad and the other super busy with television news. We sold the designer and downsized to a CYV, 3 br 2 baths, inside laundry. Also, we had become seasonal residents, 5 months here, 7 months elsewhere. We have plenty of space, about 1450 square feet. The lanai is enclosed, we put remote-controlled awning over the patio, the wall backs onto Tamarind Grove so our view over the wall is blue sky and trees instead of somebody else's roof. The privacy is great and the dog can meander. At 85 lbs, he probably won't be taken by a hawk. The landscaping is stone, so no worries about a lawn maintenance guy disappearing when we leave for the summer. The people in the neighborhood are very friendly. I couldn't be happier.

Oh how we love our CYV !!! Privacy, quiet, low maint and more.

Garywt 02-27-2019 09:25 AM

We were looking at designer homes but desired on a Villa. We found we could buy earlier due to price and we would have less house and yard to maintain. Also if I was to lose mt battle earlier than we hoped my wife would be better off in a smaller house. We still have 3 beds rooms and a place to park so all will be great.

New Englander 02-27-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallybowron (Post 1628492)

Wishing you a full recovery!

charmed59 02-27-2019 10:49 AM

Depending on the designer model and the CYV model, you could be upsizing.

NatureBoy 02-27-2019 04:05 PM

And there are the Verandas now, too. About Our Homes | The Villages
You get the walled privacy of a CYV with the yard of a Designer.

B-flat 02-27-2019 07:32 PM

We rented a designer home during the winter of 2018 if we lived here full time we’d want a designer home. Since we are seasonal residents a CYV works best, we purchased one in 2018. Low maintenance, no grass, just crushed stones and a few shrubs and the privacy we have is second to none. We don’t let our 2 small dogs out to take care of business since they won’t and want to be out on the street on a leash to do so. Go figure?

In a nutshell privacy and low maintenance.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

JohnN 02-27-2019 07:46 PM

Privacy and low maintenance. We had a patio villa while here seasonally, but when the full-time move came a few years later, we made the choice between a CYV and a designer having a few years of living here and looking around as experience. No doubt, CYV wins hands down. Corner lot, 3 bedroom - perfect Villages home for us. Best wishes.

CFrance 02-27-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1628509)
Oh how we love our CYV !!! Privacy, quiet, low maint and more.

Yes, and aren't your neighbors wonderful! They keep my dog off your lawn!:icon_wink::):doggie: