Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   YAY! I'm now on the Deed Restriction Clip-Board List (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/yay-im-now-deed-restriction-clip-board-list-285838/)

Sparty6971 02-25-2019 05:41 PM

YAY! I'm now on the Deed Restriction Clip-Board List

:popcorn:

philnpat 02-25-2019 06:04 PM

Had to check my calendar to see if it's April 1st...it's not...all I can say is WOW!

graciegirl 02-25-2019 06:46 PM

Don't let it throw you and no need to retaliate. Stuff happens and it isn't always to our liking. It seems you are a law and order fellow otherwise, and someone was being overly watchful.

It was a beautiful day in The Villages, otherwise, and another to look forward to tomorrow.

P.S. Are you sure it was little old ladies? It could be snarly old gentlemen. Just sayin'. Anyhow, now you know, no bags by the garage.

Nucky 02-25-2019 07:39 PM

We had someone call while we were out of town for a bit. Must have been a wrong number. We have no Beef with anyone and the people babysitting our home would have let me know if something was wrong. I took it in stride and so should you. I know how you feel, it's not good but I let it go quickly. If it was at me and not a mistake I feel bad for the person who called over a couple of weeds in the stone surrounding the Palm Trees. I hope you can let it go.

charmed59 02-25-2019 07:53 PM

I’ve seen the ladies with the clipboard. Perhaps there are gentlemen too. However, the VCDD gives you a week to remedy the situation. You could just put the bags out on the next garden waste day and let it go.

kaydee 02-25-2019 09:19 PM

Cold day in you know where before I store yard waste in garage...

Bugs bugs bugs

Sparty6971 02-25-2019 10:08 PM

This is just fair warning to other people that pick up their leaves/cut grass. Don't keep the bags outside.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-25-2019 10:53 PM

Just don't pick up the leaves until the day before trash day, then problem solved, no? Or am I not understanding something?

Biker Dog 02-26-2019 03:55 AM

the VCDD gives you a week to remedy the situation. Just leave them where you have them and put the bags out on the next garden waste day.

Mortal1 02-26-2019 08:00 AM

It's nice when people pat themselves on the back for their good deeds and then ruin it by refusing to follow simple rules...then complain about it. Then try to vilify someone else for doing the right thing.

Bogie Shooter 02-26-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1628185)
Just don't pick up the leaves until the day before trash day, then problem solved, no? Or am I not understanding something?

Not always convenient to do the day before.

Bonnevie 02-26-2019 08:13 AM

oh, how nice, a snarky statement. the op was just stating fact....I appreciate my neighborhood so much every time I hear about these "deed restrictions violations" there's the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. that someone reported this shows there are a lot of unhappy people in the world.

Bay Kid 02-26-2019 08:36 AM

Put all the bags out. Take one bag and empty over other bags to hide them... just joking....

PennBF 02-26-2019 08:45 AM

Missed Rule

I had missed this rule BUT if it is a rule to keep our Villages looking good I support it. There are usually a number of places on property that allow for hiding lawn stuff. Whether it is little old ladies or little old men is not important. I believe strongly in the deed restrictions. We have been here for many years and want to keep the Villages a beautiful community. Thus Deed Restriction. Heck, as I recall a few weeks ago a new resident or potential new resident wanted to know if they violate the deed restriction and have more than 2 dogs will they get caught. Sort of brazen way of seeing if they could violate and beat the rules. We respect rules as they are what make The Villages the Villages. I am not angry at the messenger I welcome the messenger as they are part of the fiber that keeps us what we are. :ho:

thetruth 02-27-2019 01:17 PM

Smart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparty6971 (Post 1628110)
:popcorn:

It is far easier to be smart when it is not you who has been turned in by neighbors.

My suggestion, not sure I would follow my own advice, is to laugh it off. Sooner or later it will come out who turned you in.

Retaliation will start a neighbor war. Smart is to as I did in my previous home is to tell the person who you know did it,CAN YOU BELIEVE SOME SOB TURNED ME IN FOR .......... THEY SHOULD ROT IN HELL. The lady I said that to nearly lost her dentures.