Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Executive Course Greens in Deplorable Condition (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/executive-course-greens-deplorable-condition-285905/)

MrGolf 02-26-2019 12:27 PM

Executive Course Greens in Deplorable Condition

Again this year, the Executive course greens are in deplorable condition. An embarrassment and one that could have been corrected. No this is not caused by excessive footsteps but by management opting to not overseed and elect to have residents instead putt on green dirt. Come on folks. Too late for this year but invest in our courses next year and give us something to play on. Heads need to roll.

Kahuna32162 02-26-2019 01:12 PM

Are these the same courses that the Villages Golf Mgt just took back over?

Bruce zapolski 02-26-2019 01:47 PM

I agree 100% it’s a shame and most of the Championship courses are not worth half of what they are charging very disappointed

billethkid 02-26-2019 01:53 PM

We played Belmont Saturday....the greens were a mess.
We played Walnut Grove on Sunday...the greens were exceptional....like a pile carpet.

The difference? It has to be those those manage and maintain the courses.

An obvious difference in condition of the courses.

Add to that the growing numbers of players who do not fix ball marks, fill divots or rake bunkers.

TV newspaper needs to do a special on the players responsibilities when playing golf. The incidents of ball marks on the greens is staggering. Must be the same inconsiderate folks that do not rake the bunkers. And never fill a divot.

If the newspaper can run an article about dog owners doing the right thing....they can certainly run a special appeal to the far too many golfers who do not do the right thing(s).

canyonblue 02-26-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1628343)
If the newspaper can run an article about dog owners doing the right thing....they can certainly run a special appeal to the far too many golfers who do not do the right thing(s).

Newsflash........

They're the same people. :swear:

gqd7806 02-26-2019 02:51 PM

Don't forget how hard it is to get a tee time this time of year. Over developed already for the FROGs. Looking for my next investment/home. U can have this congested mess.

R, X Villager.

DonH57 02-26-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1628343)
We played Belmont Saturday....the greens were a mess.
We played Walnut Grove on Sunday...the greens were exceptional....like a pile carpet.

The difference? It has to be those those manage and maintain the courses.

An obvious difference in condition of the courses.

Add to that the growing numbers of players who do not fix ball marks, fill divots or rake bunkers.

TV newspaper needs to do a special on the players responsibilities when playing golf. The incidents of ball marks on the greens is staggering. Must be the same inconsiderate folks that do not rake the bunkers. And never fill a divot.

I would say today on El Diablo I fixed no less than 3 ball Mark's on all the greens. Unbelievable how many of our fellow residents don't care for our courses and apparently thankless to have them.

JimD215 02-26-2019 03:54 PM

I see that a lot of people playing are a little older and cannot bend down to fix the ball marks. They use the ball grabber on the end of their club to get the ball wothout having to bend over. I am sure not all ball marks are made by people who are physically unable to bend over but if you see one while playing please fix them. Every little bit will help.

gatorbill1 02-26-2019 04:13 PM

Seems like the courses north of 466 are in a lot better shape than the ones south of 466.
Someone said they put both areas out for quote on maintenance each year and the company that does northern courses do a better job. I don't know if that is correct.

MrGolf 02-26-2019 04:32 PM

It might just be working against them. Played with a three month renter that has been coming here for 4 years. After playing four substandard exec courses in a row he said the luster has worn off. Since golf is his principal activity he is considering a move further south to play better conditioned courses with less traffic. Pretty sure he is not alone. Just sayin.

kcrazorbackfan 02-26-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimD215 (Post 1628394)
I see that a lot of people playing are a little older and cannot bend down to fix the ball marks. They use the ball grabber on the end of their club to get the ball wothout having to bend over. I am sure not all ball marks are made by people who are physically unable to bend over but if you see one while playing please fix them. Every little bit will help.

The older/physically limited players that have the ball pickers on their putters USUALLY can’t flight the ball high enough to make marks; it’s the lazy privileged entitled that aren’t taking care of OUR courses.

anothersteve 02-26-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1628449)
The older/physically limited players that have the ball pickers on their putters USUALLY can’t flight the ball high enough to make marks; it’s the lazy privileged entitled that aren’t taking care of OUR courses.

Hey! I was going to say that!
Steve

justjim 02-26-2019 07:20 PM

Ball marks are a minor problem compared to proper maintenance by the Greenskeeper.

rjn5656 02-27-2019 08:04 AM

it is embarassing when you have company. not the pictures the villages wants to sell

Bogie Shooter 02-27-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 1628518)
it is embarassing when you have company. not the pictures the villages wants to sell

Or Harbor Hills too, right?