Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   Unclub will be no more! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/unclub-will-no-more-286576/)

chachacha 03-06-2019 08:14 AM

Unclub will be no more!

Due to problems with getting out an email to almost three hundred people, we are discontinuing the email list for the Unclub. I encourage newbies to post on this thread to meet other single newbies but I am retiring from hosting Meet and Greets and trying to organize outings....although the email list is so large, the participation from signees is very sporadic and Katie and I both feel that the younger single villagers should take over the reins. So I hope I will see some new names and faces on this forum or it will be taken down as it was years ago for a while. Thanks!

manaboutown 03-06-2019 08:46 AM

Thank you for all your efforts over many years, Cha. You made my first visit pleasant and memorable a few years ago. I’m sure you have helped many singles by welcoming them, holding meet and greets to introduce them to other singles. Moving to a new community as a single and where a person knows no one is intimidating.

I hope someone steps up and welcomes the currently arriving new single Villagers.

zmarkp 03-06-2019 09:38 AM

Thank you so much for all your valued efforts Cha and Katie. When I first arrived in 2017 and went to your Valentine's party, not knowing anyone, you all made me feel very welcome and special. I wish you all the best going forward.

rjm1cc 03-06-2019 05:45 PM

You could try a closed Facebook account to communicate.

chachacha 03-06-2019 06:58 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm1cc (Post 1630604)
You could try a closed Facebook account to communicate.

thank you for that suggestion, but neither Katie nor I are very tech savvy and truthfully have lost interest in all the time and effort we have expended in the past...as i said, the newer singles who have more to gain by meeting a great circle of friends should be the ones making the effort henceforth...we have both met hundreds of great people doing this and certainly have no regrets but it is time to pass on the torch :) maybe you could do that facebook page!! :) feel free to use the title Unclub if you wish.

villagerjack 03-06-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachacha (Post 1630623)
thank you for that suggestion, but neither Katie nor I are very tech savvy and truthfully have lost interest in all the time and effort we have expended in the past...as i said, the newer singles who have more to gain by meeting a great circle of friends should be the ones making the effort henceforth...we have both met hundreds of great people doing this and certainly have no regrets but it is time to pass on the torch :) maybe you could do that facebook page!! :) feel free to use the title Unclub if you wish.

A CHA CHA CHA CHAllange.

karengfw 03-07-2019 07:58 PM

Thanks For All You Did and more

CHACHA and Katie, esp. and everyone I met and know from meeting you all thru the UNCLUB events. THANK you for your friendship and the time and efforts to provide this fun service to us for so long.
:bigbow:

Yes, there are several other groups and ways to meet other singles certainly in THE VILLAGES.

Please remember you can still post on the Facebook page The Villages Single Seniors, but it is not a club, just a place to post what is or has been happening with some of us single seniors. Since I created it, if you wish to make it into a communication page/method for us former UNCLUBBERS, just PM me here and we can change permissions so you have the access. I also don't want to manage it for that purpose, but if you want to, it has some longevity and members already. :MOJE_whot:

Thanks again,
KarenGFW (Karen Mueller)

chachacha 03-07-2019 09:58 PM

thanks Karen, and also thank you for the many lovely parties we have enjoyed at your Party House :) i know that was a lot of work for you, too...somehow i became an administrator on the Villages Single Seniors facebook page and have been responding to people's questions but can't seem to post anything there. and i don't want to! :) but someone else might. several people have tried to use it as a meeting service but i don't think it works for that purpose...

maybe 03-22-2019 02:57 PM

By its very unnature, the singles unclub will continue to exist as long as some unmembers want it to exist. It was never anything more than single people connected via email, with some new singles coming in via TOTV , and I will continue to use the email list I have for the unclub. I stopped adding people to it when Katie assumed the task of maintaining and updating the list with all the new people. so my list is much shorter and is mainly of people from 3 or 4 years ago or longer.