Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Traffic Wednesday 3/7 was outrageous (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/traffic-wednesday-3-7-outrageous-286659/)

jebartle 03-07-2019 06:38 AM

Traffic Wednesday 3/7 was outrageous

Yipsters, who opened the gate! Thought we'd get some gas for car, boy, that was a bad idea! Lady with medical emergency stopped between citizens first and Bob evans on 466. Usually love the activity in the villages but ready for LESS, giggle.

JimJohnson 03-07-2019 06:56 AM

After spending so many years in northern Virginia I find the heaviest tragic days in The Villages to be very light.

billlaur 03-07-2019 06:56 AM

traffic

I don't find that funny at all..

NotGolfer 03-07-2019 07:17 AM

I was out midday myself, yesterday and had the reaction of "WHERE did ALL these cars come from?" It's been busier here lately BUT yesterday it really was. The cars backed up at Hadley gate were at least 12 deep on Odell. Then to wait at the round-about----they just kept coming up Morse almost without ending. I mentioned later at home----wonder if it's ALL the new folks from Fenney???!!! I think it's just something that's a fact of life for us now and only will get denser with time. Hopefully commerce (yet to be built) to the south will help a tiny bit.

billethkid 03-07-2019 08:00 AM

When the weather is cold or rainy or crummy people go out to shop.......for anything. Yesterday was a cold crappy day.....as well as being 3/6....today is 3/7....another cold crappy day!!!!!!!

vintageogauge 03-07-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1630684)
I was out midday myself, yesterday and had the reaction of "WHERE did ALL these cars come from?" It's been busier here lately BUT yesterday it really was. The cars backed up at Hadley gate were at least 12 deep on Odell. Then to wait at the round-about----they just kept coming up Morse almost without ending. I mentioned later at home----wonder if it's ALL the new folks from Fenney???!!! I think it's just something that's a fact of life for us now and only will get denser with time. Hopefully commerce (yet to be built) to the south will help a tiny bit.

It's spring break season and too cold to use the pools so off to see the sights they go. Be thankful we have turnabouts rather than stop lights to keep things at least somewhat moving during busy times.

PennBF 03-07-2019 08:24 AM

Villages Touring Bus

Have noticed they have had more passengers and March is usually a busy time. The traffic does seem really heavy.:popcorn:

Bay Kid 03-07-2019 08:30 AM

Too cold to ride in the carts. So hope in the car and shop till you drop.

dewilson58 03-07-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJohnson (Post 1630681)
After spending so many years in northern Virginia I find the heaviest tragic days in The Villages to be very light.

Absolutely.

justjim 03-07-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJohnson (Post 1630681)

Same in Illinois and Nashville, TN. There is little traffic here...

Nucky 03-07-2019 08:55 AM

Everybody was on their way towards the South looking for our Newest Superstar. Mr. Lawrence The Alligator.

CWGUY 03-07-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1630688)
When the weather is cold or rainy or crummy people go out to shop.......for anything. Yesterday was a cold crappy day.....as well as being 3/6....today is 3/7....another cold crappy day!!!!!!!

:ohdear: I hate to wreck your day but....... the forecast is for 71 degrees and sunny with 0% chance of precipitation. :ho:

CWGUY 03-07-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1630718)
Everybody was on their way towards the South looking for our Newest Superstar. Mr. Lawrence The Alligator.

:undecided: I'm thinking we should change his name to "Boots" :rolleyes:

NotGolfer 03-07-2019 09:07 AM

There seemed to be plenty of folks in golf-carts too. Maybe it was ALL the Northerners that came down to get out of the blustery snow and cold of the frozen tundra.

jebartle 03-07-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billlaur (Post 1630682)
I don't find that funny at all..

Huh?????