Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf Cart Access From Wildwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-access-wildwood-286689/)

Bosoxfan 03-07-2019 01:42 PM

Golf Cart Access From Wildwood

I just witnessed a short parade of 4 golf carts from Wildwood entering The Villages.They come in on the grass hill around the pond at the intersection of 44a and Powell road.. I've seen this in the past and called Community Watch and they said they'd be taking care of it😞
I know when the Villages were considering purchasing and developing the land that is now Trailwinds one of the reasons they backed out was Wildwood demanded cart access.. Any one have suggestions on who to contact concerning this issue?l

Two Bills 03-07-2019 01:47 PM

I suppose you could start with the police and see if they are interested. The carts must have crossed/trespassed somewhere they should not.
Mind you if there is a way to open Trailwinds to carts and TV, I will use it!!

Bosoxfan 03-07-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1630793)
I suppose you could start with the police and see if they are interested. The carts must have crossed/trespassed somewhere they should not.

Yes they trespasses as soon as their tires were on Villages property

Bogie Shooter 03-07-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1630793)

Be careful what you ask for.....that would be a two way access.

Bogie Shooter 03-07-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosoxfan (Post 1630792)
I just witnessed a short parade of 4 golf carts from Wildwood entering The Villages.They come in on the grass hill around the pond at the intersection of 44a and Powell road.. I've seen this in the past and called Community Watch and they said they'd be taking care of it😞
I know when the Villages were considering purchasing and developing the land that is now Trailwinds one of the reasons they backed out was Wildwood demanded cart access.. Any one have suggestions on who to contact concerning this issue?l

Call a board member of that CCD.
BTW were these returning Villager’s?

bagboy 03-07-2019 02:10 PM

Maybe they were Villagers returning from somewhere. I'd call the district office first.

Village Community Development Districts

gomsiepop 03-07-2019 02:30 PM

I wish I could be anonymous with this post but here goes anyway. We are not an elite group of homeowners. How would you prohibit cars from out of the area access to The Villages? I think the previous posts are a bit extreme IMO which by the way I'm entitled to!

EdFNJ 03-07-2019 02:54 PM

You sure they weren't street legal carts? I drive Powell to 301 as well as up BV to 44A and onto Powell all the time in my S.L. G.C, and also cross 44 over to Sparr and my cart dealer as well. I can even drive up 466A if I make the left off Powell towards 301 then up because speed limit is 35 or under over there.

Aside from that, is there anything that makes golf carts on "Villages Property" only open to Villages residents? Never heard that but I guess it's possible.

And finally, why is something that needs to be reported? It's not like they are coming to take over the BOGO booze happy hour at the squares. It's just a golf cart unless they have machine guns mounted on top. :D :D

EdFNJ 03-07-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomsiepop (Post 1630805)
I wish I could be anonymous with this post but here goes anyway. We are not an elite group of homeowners.

LOL, it seems we are. :D

spring_chicken 03-07-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosoxfan (Post 1630794)
Yes they trespasses as soon as their tires were on Villages property

So you're saying that anyone who doesn't live in the villages is trespassing as soon as their tires (cart or car?) touch a public street (that is owned by the county) in TV?
:ohdear:

Bogie Shooter 03-07-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1630809)
You sure they weren't street legal carts? I drive Powell to 301 as well as up BV to 44A and onto Powell all the time in my S.L. G.C, and also cross 44 over to Sparr and my cart dealer as well. I can even drive up 466A if I make the left off Powell towards 301 then up because speed limit is 35 or under over there.

Aside from that, is there anything that makes golf carts on "Villages Property" only open to Villages residents? Never heard that but I guess it's possible.

And finally, why is something that needs to be reported? It's not like they are coming to take over the BOGO booze happy hour at the squares. It's just a golf cart unless they have machine guns mounted on top. :D :D

How do you legally cross 44, isn't the 45MPH?
Further, I pay for the cart paths, outsiders do not.

ColdNoMore 03-07-2019 06:25 PM

Elitism personified?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomsiepop (Post 1630805)
I wish I could be anonymous with this post but here goes anyway. We are not an elite group of homeowners. How would you prohibit cars from out of the area access to The Villages? I think the previous posts are a bit extreme IMO which by the way I'm entitled to!

Exactly! :thumbup:

There is currently nothing stopping someone from bringing their cart into The Villages through places like Southern Trace/Spanish Springs/Brownwood/Etc., on a trailer, unloading it...and driving anywhere they want. :shrug:

Unless of course, 'Da Family' decides that every homeowner cart must be registered (like boats/cars/motorcycles) and that registration is prominently displayed...so as to identify any non-Village homeowner carts.

Even with that requirement, if a non-registered cart was seen...what then? :oops:

Call the MMP police and their V-8 powered (Quietech/EFI of course)...golf carts? :1rotfl:

Orrrr, build a wall completely around TV, not allow any public/non-Villager vehicles of any kind...and make Lake/Sumter/Marion counties pay for it? :D

And yes, I know, most of the roads are owned/maintained...by the counties.

After all, it's not like the additional 'damage' done to MMP's/roads from whatever minuscule % of non-Villager carts that managed to get here...could ever be measured. :ohdear:

:popcorn:

ColdNoMore 03-07-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1630818)
How do you legally cross 44, isn't the 45MPH?
Further, I pay for the cart paths, outsiders do not.

And all county taxpayers...help pay for 'most' of our roads. :oops:

So I guess as long as a non-Villager didn't use the MMP's with their golf cart and just stayed on the neighborhood (and those like Morse, north of 466) roads...you would be OK with that?

Bruce zapolski 03-07-2019 06:31 PM

Did they go thru your yard????

ColdNoMore 03-07-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski (Post 1630862)
Did they go thru your yard????

Probably not, given the amount of other people's dog's poop in the yard...needed to navigate around. :1rotfl: