Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   What does "Refurbished" mean for golf cart (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/what-does-refurbished-mean-golf-cart-286705/)

wwdgd 03-07-2019 04:42 PM

What does "Refurbished" mean for golf cart

I've been looking at used golf carts for sale. Some state that they have been "Refurbished". Is there a definition for "Refurbished" or is it a vauge term with no real meaning?

villagetinker 03-07-2019 04:44 PM

Ask the seller exactly what has been done, and ask if there are receipts for the parts, then ask about any warranty.

dewilson58 03-07-2019 05:31 PM

Bottom line for me???...............USED ENGINE.

You can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig.

:popcorn:

retiredguy123 03-07-2019 05:52 PM

I always laugh when I see a 10 or 15 year old car being advertised as "like new".

dewilson58 03-07-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1630851)
I always laugh when I see a 10 or 15 year old car being advertised as "like new".

BUT, it probably was driven by a little old lady on Sunday.

Nucky 03-07-2019 06:25 PM

It means my pals who would never spend 9K as we did on a Yamagucci and bought a reconditioned Cart off the premises for half that price and both of them have now surpassed the 9K when you factor in repairs. Not to mention the time spent without a Cart and the Aggravation Factor which is not worth saving a couple of busckaroonies in my eyes.

Many people come out way ahead financially when buying a previously owed reconditioned Cart but it is the Flip of a Coin just like a Car.

I really feel bad for one of the guys as he has had to have repairs to the frame and welding done for repairs. I've seen his wife drive over their curb at full speed. She also

accelerates like a Top Fuel Driver so it is definitely not all of the used Carts Fault. Buy New Gas or Electric doesn't matter it's your preference. Drive them both. Good Luck

to you with your big decision.

asianthree 03-07-2019 07:33 PM

Our first cart was a refurb from C&C... yearly maintenance for the last 9 years, is all that it has required.

sail33or 03-07-2019 07:41 PM

It has a definite meaning "IF" done by The Villages. They take Lifestyle carts which have low use and perform a specific checklist of replacements. So yes it is used BUT has new belts, filters, etc.

TechGC 03-10-2019 11:07 AM

Ill give you "refurbished" from one who repairs then.

First off, Refurbished is different from shop to shop. Understand also, you're not getting a new motor, gas or electric, electronics are not changed, no new carburetors, or fuel pumps.

On the low end side of a refurb, your getting a painted body, new tires and wheels, new windshield, a dash and mostly add ons that are new. Nothing mechanical. Some don't even change the oil, yes, you read that correctly. We like those shops, as we get lots of work from them. On the high end side, you get everything mentioned above, plus the oil gets changed, new clutches, new belts, new cables and basically mechanically the cart has been gone through well. You pay 2000 dollars more, but in my opinion, its well worth it. It will keep your cart out of our shop shortly after you buy it. Then there is the in between, which is a combo of the 2 I just mentioned. Obvioulsy cost becomes a factor and that generally will dictate which direction you end up going.

Brawnwy123 03-10-2019 12:26 PM

Carts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwdgd (Post 1630837)
I've been looking at used golf carts for sale. Some state that they have been "Refurbished". Is there a definition for "Refurbished" or is it a vauge term with no real meaning?

REPLY: Submitting this to be informative and helpful. Before buying, I did some extensive shopping. I found the word Refurbished to be a bit vague. It depends on who it is and where it is done. Suggest you take a checklist with you or have them submit a "work accomplished" data sheet. Also be sure they can verify the claims. Caution, you are in Florida now. Check it out very carefully. I used to do that type of work, part time, sort of a hobby, it can be a bit tricky??
Want to email me? tedfloren35@yahoo.com
Good luck and be careful. :bigbow:

Brawnwy123 03-10-2019 12:29 PM

Car and old lady

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1630853)
BUT, it probably was driven by a little old lady on Sunday.

Yes and she was a very good driver, she was very careful and the car must be in good shape, because she always won the races in over a hundred entries
:pray:..