Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   redfish run (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/redfish-run-286941/)

village dreamer 03-10-2019 05:24 PM

redfish run

we played redfish today , the eighth hole green was in bad shape. I have not seen any green that bad , ever.

billethkid 03-10-2019 06:02 PM

Anybody who works for any organization associated with or for the golf courses should be hiding in shame and embarrassment.

I am speaking only about the executive courses.

The tee boxes, greens and fairways are a disgrace.

Does not look like they have seen water in days/weeks except for rainfall.

More people should be calling/writing to the golf course powers and voice their concern.

And the heavy use because of the season is not an excuse.

TV and many others like to brag about all they provide....now they should also be concerned that what they provide is mediocre at best.....AT BEST!!

rjn5656 03-10-2019 08:04 PM

send notes to: eric.vangorder@districtgov.org, he is responsible for mtc of executive courses

Bay Kid 03-11-2019 08:31 AM

Excuses. Most are like putting on concrete. Now it is just tee shot practice.

spk7951 03-12-2019 09:35 AM

Played Tarpon Boil yesterday, horrible. Most greens were covered with a light green treatment of some kind and hardly any decent grass on them. 3rd green we ran into a couple of guys looking over the green and asked what happened to which they said too much water led to disease. I suggested the course be closed but no reply.

rtime 03-12-2019 02:20 PM

It will probably be closed when the snow birds leave. This was closed most of last summer. They also will close a lot of the executive course, seems like last summer there were at least 6 or 7 closed. Makes getting on the course harder as the year around residents has increased,

alwann 03-12-2019 02:32 PM

Executive greens

Every exec. course I've played has some bad greens and poor tee boxes. Not all, but most.

If The Villages marketing folks still use the come-on "Play Golf Free For Life," they should add a footnote that says, "But you may not like it."

bagboy 03-12-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtime (Post 1632093)
It will probably be closed when the snow birds leave. This was closed most of last summer. They also will close a lot of the executive course, seems like last summer there were at least 6 or 7 closed. Makes getting on the course harder as the year around residents has increased,

Tarpon Boil was also closed for awhile last summer. It seems to be a recurring theme. Busy in winter, closed in the summer.