Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Shears Sharpening (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/shears-sharpening-286985/)

JRichm369 03-11-2019 09:52 AM

Shears Sharpening

Is there any sharpening service for fabric shears in or near The Villages

vintageogauge 03-11-2019 10:46 AM

There is a booth at the entrance of the Marion Flea Market that does knives and scissors. We used him and he did a very good job on our steak knives. You drop them off and pick them up after you're done walking around the flea market. He has been there for a long time.

My Daily Run 03-12-2019 05:59 AM

I agree...Marion Market...I have used him many times...very good

EdFNJ 03-14-2019 04:29 PM

Shears Sharpening

Which entrance? There are about 15. :)

Do you know if he is there on Friday's? Have an emergency sharpening. Lots of booths are closed on Fridays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Englander 03-14-2019 04:37 PM

There is only one way in to the Market. It's right in the front as you drive in on the entrance road. His booth is the very first on on the right. Don't know if he's open Friday's.

EdFNJ 03-14-2019 04:55 PM

Thank you. That did help.

Just to add a data point, there is only way tto DRIVE in but many places to park and many enhances to walk in but you did make it clearer then "at the entrance '. :)

Dan9871 03-14-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1632677)

Just to add a data point, there is only way tto DRIVE in but many places to park and many enhances to walk in but you did make it clearer then "at the entrance '. :)

It is in the "A" section of the Market. When you drive in turn to the right where the drive splits then park in the first section you come to... if there is room. The A section is right across the drive from that parking section.

EdFNJ 03-14-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan9871 (Post 1632685)
It is in the "A" section of the Market.

:thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :D
Do you know if he's there on Friday's ???

vintageogauge 03-14-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1632677)

Correct, he's at the entrance," the only entrance " to the Marion Market.

EdFNJ 03-14-2019 07:16 PM

Shears Sharpening

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1632702)
Correct, he's at the entrance," the only entrance " to the Marion Market.

:thumbup: :D

EdFNJ 03-15-2019 08:37 PM

If you need your knives sharpened on a Friday don't go to Market @ Marion because the "sharpener guy" is closed. :( I assume he is there on Sat (unless he is on vacay) but not sure about SUNDAY, but in any case there are no "business hours" posted on his locked mini-cabin door but there is a phone number that didn't get answered around 12:30pm today. Did get some good berries & greens though. :D

Seems knife sharpening is going the way of book stores. Googling, the only ones I can find were in Ocala and further.

HogPilot 03-16-2019 10:22 AM

My neighbor did not have good luck with his expensive set of cutting knives.

I'd recommend having the vendor sharpen one of yours first to see how it turns out.

He has not been there on Fridays when I visit.

If you want your mower blade sharpened, I recommend Wildwood Mower & Saw, on SR44 next to Advance Auto Parts (US301).

JRichm369 03-16-2019 10:39 AM

Thanks for the information we will try them.

JR

EdFNJ 03-16-2019 09:42 PM

My issue was taken care of. Was in Mt Dora today for an "arts & crafts" show and one of the booths was a guy selling knives of all kinds and shapes and sizes. He also did sharpening "the old fashioned way" with grinders and polishers. He did a great job and even fixed the broken tips. Won't have to drive back to Market @ Marion early Sunday because I needed them done before noon.