Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pro Golf (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pro-golf-333/)
-   -   Michelle Wie Gets Engaged! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pro-golf-333/michelle-wie-gets-engaged-287037/)

tonyj5 03-11-2019 11:32 PM

Michelle Wie Gets Engaged!

Michelle Wie announced on Instagram last night that she is engaged to marry Jonnie West, the Golden State Warriors' director of basketball operations.

https://terezowens.com/wp-content/up..._n-613x613.jpg

For full story and more pics:
TONY'S LPGA REPORT

swooner 03-12-2019 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyj5 (Post 1631932)
Michelle Wie announced on Instagram last night that she is engaged to marry Jonnie West, the Golden State Warriors' director of basketball operations.

https://terezowens.com/wp-content/up..._n-613x613.jpg

For full story and more pics:
TONY'S LPGA REPORT

Might just as well. She sure doesn't play golf well enough to spend full time at that.

stan the man 03-12-2019 07:26 AM

Isn't this the wonder woman who was going to play in the men's division. So much for that prospect, cant win in the LPGA. This is the woman they were promoting as the next superstar I think she was scheduled to play in a men's tournament. Vijay was also scheduled to play and when a reporter asked him how he felt if he was to be paired up with Michelle. He simply said "I will withdraw". I have a lot of respect for Vijay, practice is very hard, was not a natural, and says what he feels.

collie1228 03-12-2019 08:00 AM

It's really unfair to criticize Michelle Wie's golf game. People say she hasn't lived up to expectations, but I believe she is a superstar despite her mediocre golfing record as a pro. Who else has achieved the success she has achieved (as measured by endorsements and name recognition) while not winning regularly.

Taltarzac725 03-12-2019 08:55 AM

Stats | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association

Her fiance is the son of Jerry West. Jerry West - Wikipedia

Chi-Town 03-12-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stan the man (Post 1631964)
Isn't this the wonder woman who was going to play in the men's division. So much for that prospect, cant win in the LPGA. This is the woman they were promoting as the next superstar I think she was scheduled to play in a men's tournament. Vijay was also scheduled to play and when a reporter asked him how he felt if he was to be paired up with Michelle. He simply said "I will withdraw". I have a lot of respect for Vijay, practice is very hard, was not a natural, and says what he feels.

Vijay has a history of not playing with women.

Singh says he'll withdraw if paired with Sorenstam

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

stan the man 03-12-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1631980)
It's really unfair to criticize Michelle Wie's golf game. People say she hasn't lived up to expectations, but I believe she is a superstar despite her mediocre golfing record as a pro. Who else has achieved the success she has achieved (as measured by endorsements and name recognition) while not winning regularly.

Annika Sorenstam Doesn't Like Michelle Wie (duh) -- and a Stanford Education (huh?) - Rule Of Tree
Went to Stanford ..............

My Post 03-12-2019 01:30 PM

Michelle is OK and good luck to her. Man Jerry West must have had that kid at a pretty ripe age. He was old when i was young and now i'm getting old and he is still old. One thing about Michelle, I think every time I see her: tall, athletic etc but man her mouth is so small. I wonder how she eats. That is one tiny mouth on her.

Which could be good for marriage :a040:

Topspinmo 03-12-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stan the man (Post 1631964)

Women’s tour is dead, occasionally see it on golf channel and that’s it. South Korea’s have taken over.

Topspinmo 03-12-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stan the man (Post 1632080)

Annika konakorva

stan the man 03-13-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1632198)
Annika konakorva

?????

tonyj5 03-15-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1632197)
Women’s tour is dead, occasionally see it on golf channel and that’s it. South Korea’s have taken over.

Not true. Every tournament is broadcast on Golf Channel and all of the majors will be broadcast on National TV this year.

More American's won on the LPGA Tour in 2018 than Korean's.