Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   RV Parking to pack and unpack (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rv-parking-pack-unpack-287078/)

Dionysos 03-12-2019 01:10 PM

RV Parking to pack and unpack

Looking for some help regarding parking a Motor-coach (42') for a few hours next to our new CRV. I did see in the Deed restrictions for Poinciana stating you could as long as it fits in the driveway and not having it occupied (our's will not). We have a corner lot where it could fit along side wall and not obstruct ingress or egress but don't want to assume its cool and upset any new neighbors right from the start. I'm guessing a few people have gone through this and hoping to get a better understanding of what is allowable and not.

Thanks in advance...

Bogie Shooter 03-12-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dionysos (Post 1632074)
Looking for some help regarding parking a Motor-coach (42') for a few hours next to our new CRV. I did see in the Deed restrictions for Poinciana stating you could as long as it fits in the driveway and not having it occupied (our's will not). We have a corner lot where it could fit along side wall and not obstruct ingress or egress but don't want to assume its cool and upset any new neighbors right from the start. I'm guessing a few people have gone through this and hoping to get a better understanding of what is allowable and not.

Thanks in advance...

Ask your neighbors. You are needing 3 hours not 3 days, they may even help.

vintageogauge 03-12-2019 02:06 PM

Can't have it plugged into electricity either.

BobnBev 03-12-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1632090)
Can't have it plugged into electricity either.

Oh yes you can, to power the refrigerator and freezer.

As far as parking it in the driveway, get as much of it in, and the overhang protected by traffic cones. You should have no problems.

vintageogauge 03-12-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1632103)
Oh yes you can, to power the refrigerator and freezer.

As far as parking it in the driveway, get as much of it in, and the overhang protected by traffic cones. You should have no problems.

Our restrictions state "No Hookups"

Dionysos 03-12-2019 06:31 PM

The rig is 42' so I really can't park in drive way and hang out over the street. My side yard is 60' along the wall and only 2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy about it but they will still be able to get in and out. I guess as long as they are not having their monthly block party back there I think it might be good. We don't need to run anything because its got solar and large battery banks that can keep everything running while unpacking. Next thing to figure out is how to get around the round a bouts and gate lol. Thanks for all the input!

JerryP 03-12-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dionysos (Post 1632153)
The rig is 42' so I really can't park in drive way and hang out over the street. My side yard is 60' along the wall and only 2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy about it but they will still be able to get in and out. I guess as long as they are not having their monthly block party back there I think it might be good. We don't need to run anything because its got solar and large battery banks that can keep everything running while unpacking. Next thing to figure out is how to get around the round a bouts and gate lol. Thanks for all the input!

I think you asked and answered, “2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy”

Dionysos 03-12-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryP (Post 1632154)
I think you asked and answered, “2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy”

I guess I should have put more emphasis on MIGHT. If its allowed I would prefer to do it seeing its only for a few hours during the day. I have seen longer Landscape trucks and trailers blocking streets and driveways. At a minimum we will introduce ourselves to the couple folks across the way and let them know our intentions and hopefully make new friends along the way. I they don't like it We will unload really fast,lol

Mortal1 03-12-2019 07:41 PM

You can not park it in your yard.

Dionysos 03-12-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1632170)
You can not park it in your yard.

It would not be in my yard. It’s rear corner lot with a dead end street along my sidewall.

Dionysos 03-12-2019 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe a photo will help clarify where we are wanting to park for the few hours.

rjm1cc 03-12-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dionysos (Post 1632159)
I guess I should have put more emphasis on MIGHT. If its allowed I would prefer to do it seeing its only for a few hours during the day. I have seen longer Landscape trucks and trailers blocking streets and driveways. At a minimum we will introduce ourselves to the couple folks across the way and let them know our intentions and hopefully make new friends along the way. I they don't like it We will unload really fast,lol

If you came and ask me I would want to be your friend.

Dionysos 03-12-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm1cc (Post 1632183)
If you came and ask me I would want to be your friend.

Fingers crossed then you are one of our new neighbors:welcome: Plus the coach has a fully stocked custom built bar

justjim 03-12-2019 09:47 PM

As long as you don’t block first responders by parking in the street you will be okay. It is a good idea to meet your neighbors and be up front with them as to your plans.

n8xwb 03-12-2019 10:56 PM

I believe you will find that while there are restrictions on parking your RV only partially in your driveway, there is nothing prohibiting you parking it on the road!