Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Apria cpap customer service (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/apria-cpap-customer-service-287119/)

Nucky 03-13-2019 11:04 AM

Apria cpap customer service

Just in case anyone is in need of C/Pap or Bi/Pap supplies I would like to let you know in advance that if you want the ultimate in aggravation, misinterpretation, aggravation, did I mention that? Then this is the company for you. They have made mistakes at every turn in my one-year relationship with them. The latest and greatest is that they sent someone else's order to me. The house number was the same as mine but naturally a different street. I know how the man who was waiting for these supplies felt so we took them to his home a few days ago. We let Apria know what we were doing before we did this delivery. They Okayed it. Turns out I got the bill for his supplies and they (Apria) don't want to hear about it. I owe, period.

I have names and confirmation numbers of the phone conversations and the man waiting for his supplies is going to pay me and I'll pay Apria. I have delivered regular mail to his address that has been put in my Villages Mailbox. The last batch of mail was a collection of four envelopes of Pension Checks.

My Apria monthly bill is mailed on the 1st of the month reaches me on the 18th and is due on the 20th. It is an ongoing battle and I have to explain this to someone who speaks the English Language but does not understand the English Language each time we talk.

They sent me to an Apria store in Spanish Springs last month to pick up a part that I broke, totally my fault and when I arrived the store was closed sometime before, gone, finito. SMH, go somewhere else. This is my good deed for the year.

The strange thing is to be compliant with the equipment the company has to send out a technician from time to time and the people who come inside our home are as WONDERFUL as the Customer NO SERVICE is HORRENDOUS.

BeetleBailey 03-15-2019 08:56 PM

Have had several different CPAP providers over the last 16 years since moving to The Villages. I have found that Southern Respirtory in Mt. Dora, Fl. to have the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Nucky 03-15-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleBailey (Post 1632971)
Have had several different CPAP providers over the last 16 years since moving to The Villages. I have found that Southern Respirtory in Mt. Dora, Fl. to have the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Bless you. It is so good to have someone recommend another vendor. I don't wanna argue with them I just want to understand what the hell they are saying and have them understand me.

I found a Pulmonary Doctor in Leesburg named Dr. Jose Diaz 352-315-1627 who is phenomenal and so is his office staff. A humongous victory for the month. Now you with Southern Respiratory, life is good. I'm all over it on Monday Morning. Thanks Again.

Markue 03-15-2019 09:46 PM

I have Lincare and I have the same problems, I cannot say one good thing about lincare.

sallybowron 03-15-2019 11:44 PM

Good to hear it

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeetleBailey (Post 1632971)

I have had Pulmonary Plus for a long while, but since Mike left the service has gone straight down hill. I am not going to continue with them so it is good to hear of a good provider.:bigbow:

omimom 03-16-2019 12:55 AM

I was so aggravated with Apria customer service 2 years ago that I got on the computer and searched till I found the CEO of the company. I emailed him and he actually answered my email. He even called me and gave me a dedicated person in the USA!! to take care of my orders. That worked while she was there but now we're back to the same horrendous service. Does Southern Respiratory participate with United Healthcare Advantage Plan? I bet they don't.

Bob45 03-16-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markue (Post 1632984)
I have Lincare and I have the same problems, I cannot say one good thing about lincare.

I use Lincare. They call every 2 months to let me know what supplies I am eligible for. I can accept or decline all or part. A week later there here. Easy, peasy.
Bob

marianne237 03-16-2019 10:19 AM

I've been lucky with American Home Patient. They also call me every 2 months to check on supplies that I might need. If i call them, I do get decent customer concern and shipment of supplies as needed.

John S 03-19-2019 11:53 AM

I use Breathe Easy Medical in Tavares. Their location is not very easy to find the first time. They seem to be good folks to work with. Most items can be handled by phone. I will warn you that parts (for any brand) are expensive. I recently discovered the catch on the lid of the water tank was cracked. This happened a couple years ago and I had to purchase the whole tank/lid at an out of pocket expense of about $60. It is a poor design. This time, I checked Amazon and found the exact same reservoir/lid for $21. Look before you order parts.

skip0358 03-19-2019 12:00 PM

Wife uses new air what a pain in the butt they are.

Nucky 03-19-2019 01:07 PM

Misery loves company. I hardly ever jump on the pound a restaurant train of pounding any specific place because I didn't like the meal. That being said Between Dr. Baligit's office staff, Not Dr. Balingit (Who Was Great) and Apria I have become so worked up a few times that I have had to stop the telephone conversation and get on the machine because I couldn't breathe properly.

I so appreciate every post that everyone has posted. You made me smarter, gave me alternatives and let me know I wasn't on an Island. I was not the only one who felt or was treated the way I was. You all are the best, Thank You!

dadspet 05-15-2019 05:05 PM

I've used American Home Patient and my experience has been poor at best. The office staff seems preoccupied with their own things and when you call you will get redirected to some call station that might or might not help you but if you're trying to get to the Leesburg office - Good Luck.
Its currently Wed and I'm waiting for supplies that were promised by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Yesterday a American Home Supply truck passed my house without delivery and they told me they merged with Lincare and my delivery was at a near local post office and should be delivered Wed? After no delivery on Wednesday, they told me delivery is now on Thursday due to insurance (before they told me it was shipped and told me the insurance valid date was early April. ). Bottom Line if your looking for a CPAP supplier I wouldn't go with American Home Supply.

If your looking for a CPAP doctor my experience with Dr. Baligit's office and the Dr has been even worst. They canceled my office visit for sleep apnea results without notifying me and then I was unable to reach them for weeks after many phone calls. On a 3 month check up the office informed me I needed to bring in the memory card from the CPAP machine which they never mentioned before the visit. They requested the results from my supplier but when the doctor came in for the visit he was unaware of the paperwork received with the cpap results and it was obvious to me he was completely unprepared for my visit. If this is how you want your health handled Dr. Baligit's is the Dr for you.

Nucky 05-15-2019 08:07 PM

DADSPET, just a disaster. I feel so bad about what has happened to you. We are not talking about stubbing our toe, we are talking about getting our next breath.

I just went through another disaster with Apria. I taped and documented everything that went on during the one-month extravaganza to get a bunch of supplies and a new mask. I will prevail because I will never give in or up.

So I found that it was time that I could escape Apria but to do so would put me with a company which would not help me because they are terrible also. I'm sorry but I shredded the name of the company.

Dr. Diaz in Leesburg and in The Villages is as wonderful as Balingit is terrible. 352-315-1627 Dr. Jose Diaz, and his entire team. Just what we all deserve. Good Luck.

Carla B 05-16-2019 09:00 AM

I saw Dr. Diaz in Leesburg several years ago for an issue that turned out not to be an issue. I thought his office staff was wonderful then and am happy to hear they are still that way.

refeik 05-16-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 1633993)
Wife uses new air what a pain in the butt they are.

Horrible, I can hardly wait for my contract to expire.