Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Tee Times In TV EG Courses (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/tee-times-tv-eg-courses-287163/)

gqd7806 03-13-2019 07:53 PM

Tee Times In TV EG Courses

WT hack is going on here now in TV with not being able to get a Tee Time for 4 players. I've heard the TV lifestyle tour folks are booking up to 300 tee times a day. Any body know if that true. Sad us full time residence have no priority in booking.

:ohdear:

golf2140 03-13-2019 08:28 PM

Try an open widow and lots of courses. It's that time of year.

kcrazorbackfan 03-13-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gqd7806 (Post 1632434)
WT hack is going on here now in TV with not being able to get a Tee Time for 4 players. I've heard the TV lifestyle tour folks are booking up to 300 tee times a day. Any body know if that true. Sad us full time residence have no priority in booking.

Remember, it is the "high" season here and our friends from the north are playing a lot of execs (you can tell by all the walkers).

Our neighborhood group has no problems booking 28-32 guys on Monday's and 12-16 on Tuesday's and Wednesday's; all on exec's.

sallybowron 03-13-2019 10:32 PM

Lifestyle groups

I can't believe that the Lifestyle groups are booking 300 rounds. There are not that many of them. #00 rounds is a lot of rounds. I do regret that full time residents are having trouble. My husbands group has been denied twice lately. Many people moved here to golf primarily. When we visited 8.5 years ago we were told that the Villages would stop at 466 A and look what has happened there. It is hard to accommodate so many new Villages. IMHO they have over built Villages without providing all the other things which are needed to live a good life, i.e. medical, shopping, grocery stores, hospitals, etc. If you call the EMTs they will take you to TVRH or Leesburg (which already has a large amount of patrons) That does not leave enough beds for the people who need them. :shocked::shocked:

villagerjack 03-13-2019 10:51 PM

Wife and I book 3 x week and always get times before 10 AM. ALWAYS...

Check the points for all in your group. More than 3 will reduce your chances.

CWGUY 03-13-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagerjack (Post 1632480)
Wife and I book 3 x week and always get times before 10 AM. ALWAYS...

Check the points for all in your group. More than 3 will reduce your chances.

:coolsmiley: Knowing how the Tee Time System works helps .... right? A lot of residents don't. :faint:

jojo 03-14-2019 05:43 AM

The only time we've not been able to get a tee time was in high season when one of our group of 12 had 4 points and some of the others had 3 points. When we book 4, we've never in ten years been denied a tee time.

photo1902 03-14-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 1632494)
The only time we've not been able to get a tee time was in high season when one of our group of 12 had 4 points and some of the others had 3 points. When we book 4, we've never in ten years been denied a tee time.

Too many points, and if you have company in town and are making a request with guests.

Mortal1 03-14-2019 06:33 AM

Requests with guests have the lowest priority followed by any group with points higher than other groups. "I've heard the TV lifestyle tour folks are booking up to 300 tee times a day."...please don't post rumors. If you don't want to call the tee time folks to find out the truth that is your business. You don't mention putting your group in more than 3 days ahead...that would be wise.

As for this: "our friends from the north are playing a lot of execs (you can tell by all the walkers)"...I walk all winter and when temps are in the 80's or lower. I live here full time and always have. If you have to make a statement that is false then perhaps it should be left out.

billethkid 03-14-2019 06:41 AM

16 years and have never not been able to get a tee time....regardless the time of year!! Usually we are booking two foursomes!!

Players points and how one chooses courses and times. The more course options and wider time to play helps a whole lot. One player with too many points will knock out your group.

rjn5656 03-14-2019 06:54 AM

play 3 times a lot with big groups, and a lot of points but only have been denied once all winter. you have to flexible on time and course

Shbullet 03-14-2019 07:38 AM

nope

Bogie Shooter 03-14-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gqd7806 (Post 1632434)

So, who told you this?

Bogie Shooter 03-14-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shbullet (Post 1632519)
I may be wrong, but I have asked the question to the proper people and they say having guests will not lower your priority what so ever.

No need to ask "the proper people" whatever that means.
Its all available right here.....
https://golfthevillages.com/golf-in-...heVillages.pdf

coach 03-14-2019 03:41 PM

Take the good golf school program offered often. Times are annouced in the Daily Sun. They explain how the system works and how to make reservations. It is well worth your time.