Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Lawn Mowing Service Needed Village of Pinellas (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/lawn-mowing-service-needed-village-pinellas-287302/)

GreggB 03-15-2019 09:25 PM

Lawn Mowing Service Needed Village of Pinellas

Looking for recommendations of a lawn mowing service. Location Village of Pinellas. Tried both Deans & Massey. Please either post here or send private message. Thanks

GreggB 03-17-2019 11:31 AM

Wow no suggestions - that doesn't say much for the mowing companies around if no one has any recommendations. Are they all bad?

dewilson58 03-17-2019 11:35 AM

I'm a Fertigator fan.

Have used them for +5 years.

Very happy.

Lawn, Trimming, Landscaping work.

There is a number of us on the street using them.

plrbr1120 03-17-2019 02:11 PM

HHHMMM.....have had Deans for 7 years....since we've been here. Different teams throughout that time frame but always did/do a great job. See them / talk with them about once a month. Maybe that's why they do a good job. Cut every 2 weeks. Neighbor has gone thru 4 different groups and just started back with Deans. Hope you find someone you like.

karostay 03-18-2019 08:11 AM

Deans no longer trims shrubs and trees as part of their lawn program....If your a Deans customer what have you done to replace this part of their service ?

New Englander 03-18-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1633575)
Deans no longer trims shrubs and trees as part of their lawn program....If your a Deans customer what have you done to replace this part of their service ?

On my street two have switched from Deans to Fertigator.

karostay 03-18-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 1633609)
On my street two have switched from Deans to Fertigator.

I fired Fertigator 4 years ago went with Deans
They were great for first year lawn never looked so good and like all lawn companies they become comfortable and service goes down hill over time

BoatRatKat 03-18-2019 01:00 PM

If you are looking only for mowing and edging and general cleaning up with a leaf blower after he's done than try BLC Lawn 352-348-6568. He doesn't do chemicals or trimming bushes. One man show who ALWAYS shows up. Been using him for 2.5 yrs now and can nearly set my clock to him plus he's a super nice guy.

stan the man 03-20-2019 11:17 AM

Fertigator is the worst. Been with them for for 5 years . Service has gone down down down. Weeding service is the worst-- $20 a month but they only come out every three months -- so it is $60 a treatment. That is spraying Round Up on the large weeds --Thats it. If you call - never return calls - do not leave a message to answer machine - goes no where. Have to keep calling for them to come out for weeds in lawn.. Terrible Service The cutting of grass is equal to everyone else.

iandwk 07-05-2019 09:59 AM

Another vote for BLC Lawn. We’ve used him for about 4 years and have been very, very happy with the service and the reasonable price. Highly recommended.

hansel 07-17-2019 04:45 PM

Since Dean's no longer is "all service" we have switched to Choice Maintenance and are very pleased so far. Their phone number is 352 502-1816 Denis Alexander. There are 3 different crew each doing a specific job....mowing, trimming or weeding.

Tam G 10-28-2019 08:07 AM

Just fired Choice Maintenance. They were fine while I was here, but when I went north, they only came when neighbors complained. Even then they didn't do the work. Tons of weeds, some as high as my chest, seed pods currently in palms, couldn't get into the house becuase bushes had overgrown the walkway and bushes are all overgrown. Very disappointed.

wdonze 10-28-2019 12:20 PM

I use Cruz's Landscaping & Tree Trimming and have been pleased with the job they do. They will quote you a monthly cost for mowing & edging or a per job quote for tree and bush trimming. Be aware that you pay the monthly mowing rate year around even though there is much less need in the winter. I benefit in the summer; they benefit in the winter.
Owner: Eyder Alvarez, 407-459-5570.