Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   El Tigre seats (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/el-tigre-seats-287819/)

npwalters 03-21-2019 07:29 PM

El Tigre seats

Has anyone gone to the El Tigre store/manufacturing facility in Ocala? Just bought a 2019 Yamaha cart in Alabama that I'm (mostly) upgrading myself. I'd like to see and sit in the seats before I buy something. I'm also open to any suggestions on
very good seats.

kcrazorbackfan 03-21-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1634772)
Has anyone gone to the El Tigre store/manufacturing facility in Ocala? Just bought a 2019 Yamaha cart in Alabama that I'm (mostly) upgrading myself. I'd like to see and sit in the seats before I buy something. I'm also open to any suggestions on
very good seats.

We went there and picked out the seats for Mrs. KC's cart that we bought from Carts and Clubs.

npwalters 03-21-2019 08:27 PM

KC,

So they have seats on display? Can you sit in them?

flusher 03-22-2019 08:17 AM

Yes they have seats on display, already on carts for displaying in different colors and fabrics.
Their good people, check them out

npwalters 03-22-2019 08:19 AM

Good information. Thanks for the response guys.

EdFNJ 04-15-2019 04:04 PM

Anyone know What the price range of “bucket type “seats are from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

npwalters 04-15-2019 05:00 PM

Go to their website and every model is pictured along with the retail (direct from them) price. They are good but pricey from $1000 to $1900. Buckets fall in the middle to top.

EdFNJ 04-16-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1642366)
Go to their website and every model is pictured along with the retail (direct from them) price. They are good but pricey from $1000 to $1900. Buckets fall in the middle to top.

Yikes, that's crazy! I thought that might be only for "mail order" and not "factory direct. Was quoted $600-$700/pr "custom fabrics" from dealer.

npwalters 04-16-2019 06:13 PM

There are at least two other companies that offer custom seats. Both around the 500 to 750 range. Good upgrades but not equal to El Tigre in my opinion.

tophcfa 04-16-2019 08:46 PM

My advise would be to not buy custom seats before sitting in them. We bought two different custom seats, one for the club car and one for the Yamaha. Bought both seats on-line without sitting in them first. Both are from good manufacturers, one is El Tigre and the other is Ultimate. Both seats are very nice quality, but one of them just does not fit my back right and I can't get comfortable in it. It turns out golf cart seats are like shoes, you never really know how they will fit you until you try them on and use them for a little while.

VillageIdiots 04-17-2019 07:02 AM

Aren't there carts in the showrooms that have the different types of seats on them? You could try different ones and see what you like. I have the El Tigre seats and find them very comfortable. I don't have a lumbar adjustment but the seat backs tilt and the seats slide back and forth and there are 3 armrests. I was having an issue where my driver seat wasn't sliding all the way forward and I contacted the manufacturer and they immediately got back to me and were very friendly and helpful.