Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   New Pricing plan on Championship (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/new-pricing-plan-championship-288838/)

golf2140 04-02-2019 04:54 PM

New Pricing plan on Championship

There is a new schedule for the cost of Champion courses. The new rates go from May 1 to December 31. The offset for priority drops. I haven't worked out the details, but I may be dropping out after 17 years

Guitarman1951 04-02-2019 05:16 PM

New Golf Rates in the Villages are exorbitant.

If you haven't seen the new golf rates in the Villages, you need to look at them. They have eliminated summer rates and basically put in fall rates from May 1 thru December. Instead of getting a $12 discount off of greens fees of those rates for priority members, you'll only get $8. If they follow this pattern for the new January thru April 2020 rates, this situation will be much worse.

This is what we get from the greedy children of the Morses when they took over the golf courses. I will be playing less in the Villages in the future and more outside where rates will be $15 to $20 less and come with freebies as well. It's just now worth playing golf in the Villages during the the hot weather here anymore.

JoMar 04-02-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimchristie (Post 1638404)
If you haven't seen the new golf rates in the Villages, you need to look at them. They have eliminated summer rates and basically put in fall rates from May 1 thru December. Instead of getting a $12 discount off of greens fees of those rates for priority members, you'll only get $8. If they follow this pattern for the new January thru April 2020 rates, this situation will be much worse.

This is what we get from the greedy children of the Morses when they took over the golf courses. I will be playing less in the Villages in the future and more outside where rates will be $15 to $20 less and come with freebies as well. It's just now worth playing golf in the Villages during the the hot weather here anymore.

The position of a greedy Villager :)

Bruce zapolski 04-02-2019 09:21 PM

The fact is if you play average courses away from the villages you know what they charge here at the villages isn’t worth it.its embarrassing for what they charge for the championship courses and the condition of the championship courses .I played Arnold Palmer for $64 a few wks ago wasn’t worth $40 bucks that’s a fact the only good thing about playing there, was $5 bucks goes to the Arnold Palmer hospital.p.s I love the villages but courses ———-.

Mikeod 04-02-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimchristie (Post 1638404)

The developer has always owned the championship courses. What he took over in January was the administration of the courses which had been done previously by GMS. Pricing was always under his control. Several years ago he determined the championship courses must be self-sustaining and there was a commensurate rise in the fees.

Indy-Guy 04-02-2019 09:41 PM

Below is the link to the new rate chart.

https://golfthevillages.com/images/May_Dec%202019.pdf

tophcfa 04-02-2019 09:58 PM

Just saw the rates. Kind of a bummer, no more summer rates (May through September) and higher rates for what is now being called the evening wave. It seems like all essential expenses (food, health care, insurance, golf, etc...) go up way more than the published CPI index.

ColdNoMore 04-02-2019 10:11 PM

It's simply the "captured audience" situation.

'Da Family' knows that there is a strong draw on being able to drive your own golf cart to all of the courses, thus not needing to deal with driving your vehicle and messing with bag drops, even if the courses are often in average-to-poor condition...so push the limits on greens fees.
:ohdear:

under55 04-03-2019 06:11 AM

Myth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski (Post 1638450)
The fact is if you play average courses away from the villages you know what they charge here at the villages isn’t worth it.its embarrassing for what they charge for the championship courses and the condition of the championship courses .I played Arnold Palmer for $64 a few wks ago wasn’t worth $40 bucks that’s a fact the only good thing about playing there, was $5 bucks goes to the Arnold Palmer hospital.p.s I love the villages but courses ———-.

I asked John W. Bozard
Senior Vice President, Orlando Health; President, Orlando Health Foundation this includes the Children's Hospital about that money we always hear goes to the hospital he told me they receive NO MONEY from the playing there.

anothersteve 04-03-2019 06:37 AM

Look at the rates after 3. I'm good with that
Steve

rjn5656 04-03-2019 07:31 AM

I have been playing off site since I moved here 8 years ago. In most cases, better conditions, attractive pricing and happy to have you.

rjn5656 04-03-2019 07:39 AM

championship

maybe a organized one day boycott of villages courses would send a message to the Morse's

dewilson58 04-03-2019 07:51 AM

Supply & Demand.

If prices go up, usage will go down.

Since there are threads complaining about usage, Seems like price increases will make some of the whiners happy.

I'm okay with the pricing.

:popcorn:

JSR22 04-03-2019 07:55 AM

golf

My husband is a priority member and plays 18 3 days a week. He likes the convenience of driving to the course in a golf cart. He rarely plays off site because it is too time consuming. He feels the green fees are fair. Much cheaper than belonging to the club up north.

JC419 04-03-2019 08:06 AM

I don’t mind paying the increase if the conditions of the courses were good. They are not! Played Bonifay Saturday and it was horrible. The greens have some kind of disease and the fairways are dirt. I was told it may be closed. Havana is not much better and found Palmer in poor condition. If you want to charge these prices at least maintain the courses!

Worst I’ve seen in 8 years.