Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Backup Tunes instead of buzzer (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/backup-tunes-instead-buzzer-289548/)

kathyspear 04-11-2019 10:18 PM

Backup Tunes instead of buzzer

Has anyone installed a "Backup Tunes" replacement thingie which plays music instead of that awful backup buzzer when you put your car in reverse? If so, (1) how complicated is the installation and (2) what is your impression once it is installed?

And (3) What do you call those cushions that hook over the cart's back seat so an "under 5-footer" can reach the pedals? I have searched online using all kinds of keywords and can't find one.

Thanks!

kathy

CWGUY 04-11-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1641032)
Has anyone installed a "Backup Tunes" replacement thingie which plays music instead of that awful backup buzzer when you put your car in reverse? If so, (1) how complicated is the installation and (2) what is your impression once it is installed?

And (3) What do you call those cushions that hook over the cart's back seat so an "under 5-footer" can reach the pedals? I have searched online using all kinds of keywords and can't find one.

Thanks!

kathy

:read: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...drivers-43658/ :ho:

Bay Kid 04-12-2019 09:14 AM

I put tape over 90% of the buzzer. Sounds really nice now.

villagetinker 04-12-2019 10:08 AM

Interesting idea, but the people around you may not realize you are backing up if they hear music instead of the more normal backup buzzer/tone. They my just think you have your radio up loud.

kathyspear 04-12-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1641126)
Interesting idea, but the people around you may not realize you are backing up if they hear music instead of the more normal backup buzzer/tone. They my just think you have your radio up loud.

I thought the point of the noise was to remind *** ME *** that I have the cart in reverse. Cars don't have buzzers to let people know they are backing up and a car can do a lot more damage than a cart, so I am not sure I get why cart drivers need to warn pedestrians. [shrug]

k.

CFrance 04-12-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1641174)
I thought the point of the noise was to remind *** ME *** that I have the cart in reverse. Cars don't have buzzers to let people know they are backing up and a car can do a lot more damage than a cart, so I am not sure I get why cart drivers need to warn pedestrians. [shrug]

k.

I think the point of the noise is to remind everyone that you are backing up. I think you would already know you are backing up, because you have just put the cart in reverse.

I don't think backup music is a very good idea. People are used to beeping backup sounds from various trucks, machinery, and carts and know them as a warning. I don't think music would afford that warning.

anothersteve 04-12-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1641197)
I think you would already know you are backing up, because you have just put the cart in reverse.

Not always. There are times I have backed up into a parking spot and turned the key off without putting the cart in forward. So the beep reminded me I was in reverse the next time I turned the key to start.
Steve

kathyspear 04-12-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1641202)
Not always. There are times I have backed up into a parking spot and turned the key off without putting the cart in forward. So the beep reminded me I was in reverse the next time I turned the key to start.
Steve

I think I am more likely to do what Steve said.

So how many people have disabled their buzzer because it is so damn annoying?

k.

SouthOfTheBorder 04-12-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1641234)
i think i am more likely to do what steve said.

so how many people have disabled their buzzer because it is so damn annoying?

k.

1,237....more or less

d.

CFrance 04-12-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

k.

It's not annoying to me. I want to know it when you're backing up. Many people here have some degree of hearing loss. Music may not catch their attention or even be heard in some instances.

A cart can kill a pedestrian. I think there's a responsibility to operate it in a way that is the safest for all concerned. A minor annoyance to you might be a major hazard for others.

kathyspear 04-12-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1641237)
It's not annoying to me. I want to know it when you're backing up. Many people here have some degree of hearing loss. Music may not catch their attention or even be heard in some instances.

A cart can kill a pedestrian. I think there's a responsibility to operate it in a way that is the safest for all concerned. A minor annoyance to you might be a major hazard for others.

Serious question, I'm not trying to be flippant: If a truck needs a backup buzzer and a golf cart needs a backup buzzer, shouldn't a car have one, too? If not, why not? Why skip the middle-sized vehicles and limit this safety feature to just the big guys and the little guys?

k.

Bogie Shooter 04-12-2019 07:31 PM

This seems to be going nowhere...…………………………..
Unless you are backing up for blocks...the noise is only on for a few seconds, Geesh!

Down Sized 04-13-2019 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1641174)

k.

That’s because you haven’t been here long enough to see how some of these carts are driven.
If you back up and hit a pedestrian. Might have to sign your house over to them.

NoMoSno 04-13-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

k.

First thing I did.
Still am able to turn around and see where I'm going.

Halle 04-14-2019 06:26 AM

I think turn signals and back-up beepers are to let other drivers and pedestrians know your intentions, hopefully you the driver know.