Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Apartments Planned for Trailwinds Village (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/apartments-planned-trailwinds-village-289620/)

champion6 04-12-2019 07:48 PM

Apartments Planned for Trailwinds Village

2 Attachment(s)
The project will be reviewed by the Wildwood Project Review Committee on April 16 at 10 a.m.

The applicant is seeking approval for the construction of a multi-family development within Trailwinds Village, consisting of four 39,498 sq. ft. three-story buildings, and related accessory structures and improvements, to be completed in two phases.

kcrazorbackfan 04-12-2019 08:19 PM

That's just great. I live less than a 1/2 mile from it as the crow flies; I just hope the rent is high enough to keep the nefarious trashy riff-raff out of it. :swear:

CWGUY 04-12-2019 09:25 PM

:shrug: Maybe section 8 housing???? :ho:

asianthree 04-13-2019 06:18 AM

Wasn’t the apartments in the original planning. Weird that it’s behind Lowe’s, there is green space in each section

JoMar 04-13-2019 12:15 PM

There is a need around here to attract labor to fill the jobs for the businesses that will be part of the expanding communities plus existing businesses. Wildwood has (I think) approved a Tiny House Community, affordable housing along 44 on the other side of 301 and this addition could be part of that strategy.

LuvtheVillages 04-13-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1641373)
Wasn’t the apartments in the original planning. Weird that it’s behind Lowe’s, there is green space in each section

Yes, these apartments were in the original plans. I am looking at my copy of the Barclay web page that was erroneously published over a year ago. It shows these apartments, pretty much as they are on the current request.

scottkolakowski 05-29-2019 01:21 PM

Trailwinds apartments

Kinda bytes...
The "Villages-Net" stated something to the effect of "Apartments LOOM over Tamarind Grove". In a way, they very well may. It would be nice for The Developer (ours - Mr. Morse) to go to bat for us and tell Wildwood - "Hey, after all we've done for your town and county, lay off a bit". 3 story apartments??? Right behind the pool. Really?
:ohdear:

Two Bills 05-29-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 1653567)
Kinda bytes...
The "Villages-Net" stated something to the effect of "Apartments LOOM over Tamarind Grove". In a way, they very well may. It would be nice for The Developer (ours - Mr. Morse) to go to bat for us and tell Wildwood - "Hey, after all we've done for your town and county, lay off a bit". 3 story apartments??? Right behind the pool. Really?

Not to worry, with a view like that, it may be hard to sell the apartments!

Madelaine Amee 05-29-2019 02:28 PM

When we were first looking for a home here we were shown a beautiful home overlooking acres of green space which looked very inviting. Thankfully, my other half was smart enough to realize that any green space left over close to TV would be built on eventually and you would never know what you would get.

JoMar 05-29-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Kinda bytes...

The Developer had the opportunity to purchase the property but walked away from the conditions Wildwood placed on the property. The Developer had his chance, doubtful Wildwood would attempt to put additional conditions on the current developer that stepped up.

CFrance 05-29-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Kinda bytes...

Actually, had the developer succeeded in buying that property, they were going to cut a path right through that beautiful pool/park in Tamarind Grove and funnel ALL of the resulting golf cart traffic through it and onto Tamarind Grove Run. That is one of the most beautiful pool areas in TV--the trees and greenery are gorgeous, and you can't even see a rooftop from that pool--and they were set to ruin it.

As a resident of Tamarind Grove, I was extremely happy that the deal fell through. A three-story apartment building will probably be hid from view by the gorgeous trees in the Tamarind Grove pool/park.

graciegirl 05-29-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1653600)
The Developer had the opportunity to purchase the property but walked away from the conditions Wildwood placed on the property. The Developer had his chance, doubtful Wildwood would attempt to put additional conditions on the current developer that stepped up.

I hope this company will handle it like I think it would be handled if part of The Villages.

CFrance 05-29-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1653628)
I hope this company will handle it like I think it would be handled if part of The Villages.

See my post. The developers' plans for the acquisition were published, and they were not going to handle it well.

Two Bills 05-30-2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1653644)
See my post. The developers' plans for the acquisition were published, and they were not going to handle it well.

A NIMBY response for you personally and local residents.
But for the majority of villagers golf cart access to that commercial area would have been a great bonus.
Plenty of areas have cart paths cutting through, and survive.
Any way, it's dead news, so lets hope you have nice neighbors who do not spoil the obvious tranquility of your area!

mulligan 05-30-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Kinda bytes...

Not behind the pool, they are behind the homes on Ansley path. Behind the pool will be 400+- homes by a different developer. Totally separate project.