Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Executive golf course conditions south of 466 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/executive-golf-course-conditions-south-466-a-289881/)

LuckySevens 04-15-2019 09:20 PM

Executive golf course conditions south of 466
 
We are planning to play an executive course on Saturday with friends. I am concerned, as I have heard that Bogart, Mangrove, Bonita Pass and others I cannot remember.... are in terrible condition. Anyone have a 'good' list to share with me?
Thanks, Rose

dewilson58 04-16-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckySevens (Post 1642447)
We are planning to play an executive course on Saturday with friends. I am concerned, as I have heard that Bogart, Mangrove, Bonita Pass and others I cannot remember.... are in terrible condition. Anyone have a 'good' list to share with me?
Thanks, Rose


Played Bonita Pass on Saturday...........It was in good shape.


Bogart, Mangrove & Sweetgum are closed.


Played Truman & Roosevelt last week.............good shape.


Driving by.............Palmetto, Turtle Mound & Sandhill look all good.

Bay Kid 04-16-2019 07:39 AM

Southern Star, they are starting to lose the greens. Truman the best.

anothersteve 04-16-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1642509)
Southern Star, they are starting to lose the greens. Truman the best.

Playing there this afternoon, we'll see.
Steve

biker1 04-16-2019 07:49 AM

The four courses south of 44 (Red Fox, Gray Fox, Loblolly and Longleaf) are all in good shape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckySevens (Post 1642447)
We are planning to play an executive course on Saturday with friends. I am concerned, as I have heard that Bogart, Mangrove, Bonita Pass and others I cannot remember.... are in terrible condition. Anyone have a 'good' list to share with me?
Thanks, Rose


N44125 04-16-2019 07:52 AM

Pimlico...Played this morning, greens in bad shape.

anothersteve 04-16-2019 02:10 PM

Southern Star was not that bad today.
Some greens were a little dry but all rolled really nice. Fairways were in nice condition.
Steve.

justjim 04-16-2019 02:49 PM

Okeechobee and Escambia are in good shape.

Keastman 04-29-2019 07:09 AM

Heron was very bad

bilcon 04-29-2019 07:44 AM

I heard from one of the Ambassadors yesterday, that one of the problems with the Executive Courses is that they are owned by the residents and are under the control of the CDD's. The CDD's are not spending the money they should to keep the courses in top shape, even though the money is available. He also told me that they are talking about eliminating or cutting back the 50% discount the Ambassadors get when they play golf. Any truth to that? I can tell you that the Executive course I live on is not taken care of like it was in the past. A big palm tree fell down in the wind last October, and all they did was cut it up. The 4' high stump its still sitting there.

stan the man 04-29-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 1645897)
I heard from one of the Ambassadors yesterday, that one of the problems with the Executive Courses is that they are owned by the residents and are under the control of the CDD's. The CDD's are not spending the money they should to keep the courses in top shape, even though the money is available. He also told me that they are talking about eliminating or cutting back the 50% discount the Ambassadors get when they play golf. Any truth to that? I can tell you that the Executive course I live on is not taken care of like it was in the past. A big palm tree fell down in the wind last October, and all they did was cut it up. The 4' high stump its still sitting there.

eliminating or cutting back the 50% discount the Ambassadors get when they play golf. but they still get paid -- right???

anothersteve 04-29-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stan the man (Post 1645915)
eliminating or cutting back the 50% discount the Ambassadors get when they play golf. but they still get paid -- right???

Yes, minimum wage. And they do a lot more than just ride around the course.
Steve

billethkid 04-29-2019 08:57 AM

Played Roosevelt Saturday. Significant improvement of conditions. Greens were some of the best around. There was even a second visible in some areas. Plus the ambassador was going around filling in divits and fixing ball marks on the greens.

Played Saddlebrook yesterday. No improvement. Needs a lot of work to come close to Roosevelt.

Bogie Shooter 04-29-2019 11:57 AM

Briarwood this AM....greens very good.

Topspinmo 05-02-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 1645897)
I heard from one of the Ambassadors yesterday, that one of the problems with the Executive Courses is that they are owned by the residents and are under the control of the CDD's. The CDD's are not spending the money they should to keep the courses in top shape, even though the money is available. He also told me that they are talking about eliminating or cutting back the 50% discount the Ambassadors get when they play golf. Any truth to that? I can tell you that the Executive course I live on is not taken care of like it was in the past. A big palm tree fell down in the wind last October, and all they did was cut it up. The 4' high stump its still sitting there.

Executive courses get lot of abuse, even after hours and after sunset you see traffic. I saw one guy practicing approach shots, 20 or so balls on the greens. I sure he repaired all the divots. They are spending lots of money replacing sand in sand traps and greens on some courses.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Content, Design and Layout may not be reproduced
Copywrite 2006-2017 This site is owned and operated by TalkofTheVillages.com and is not affliated with the The Villages or The Villages development company.