Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   108 holes in three days (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/108-holes-three-days-289947/)

dewilson58 04-16-2019 05:34 PM

108 holes in three days

Having out-of-town guests here.

We are playing 36 today, 36 tomorrow, 36 Thursday.

Belle Glade & Mallory today.

Both courses were in great shape.

Belle greens were long and a little slow.............but that's great, let the grass grow and don't shave every day.

More to come tomorrow.

:coolsmiley:

Nucky 04-16-2019 05:59 PM

Go Get 'Em Tiger, I mean Mr. Wiillssoonn. You are treating your company so good they may never leave. :coolsmiley:

anothersteve 04-16-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1642679)
y:

Gotta love it!!
Steve

tophcfa 04-16-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1642679)

Belle Glade & Mallory today.

Both courses were in great shape.

Belle greens were long and a little slow.............but that's great, let the grass grow and don't shave every day.

More to come tomorrow.

:coolsmiley:

Jealous, sounds like lots of fun. You must have a good back and OK knees. Keep the course condition updates coming.

I do a similar golf marathon once a year when my golf buddies come south for a visit, but 6 days in a row of 27 a day is about all my knees can handle (with lots of ice and Aleve). Have fun : )

Bosoxfan 04-16-2019 08:55 PM

Played 153 in 5 days a couple weeks ago ..rained one day and only got 9 in at Tierra...If you get the chance Hacienda was in the best shape...Bonifay the worst

rjn5656 04-17-2019 06:36 AM

Don't do 36 anymore, but played many days in a row when friends came in a few weeks ago.

justjim 04-17-2019 07:06 AM

36 holes a day

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 1642721)
Don't do 36 anymore, but played many days in a row when friends came in a few weeks ago.

We can all wish for our younger days and better health. I’m just happy to get two 9’s in on a championship course and a couple of 9’s a week on the executive courses. Keep swinging and never give up. :coolsmiley:

dewilson58 04-17-2019 04:54 PM

HOT TUB, HOT TUB, I need a HOT TUB.............Who has a HOT TUB??????????????????????????

I have body parts that need TLC.

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeee.

A great day.

Started at Cane Garden. Lots of grass in the fairways and the green were running nice. Very Happy with the conditions.

Afternoon at Havana. Fairways could use more grass, but very playable. Greens were good. Couple weeks of heat and water, fairways will be perfect.

The visitors are very impressed with The Villages.

A quick shower, heading to Lake Sumter. Don't worry, I will tell them Know there is no P'ing in Lake Sumter.

Bay Kid 04-18-2019 07:14 AM

Fun times! That is a lot of golf!!!

dewilson58 04-18-2019 03:05 PM

An Early Report = No 18 this afternoon.

Woke up surprising well after the second days of 36.

Decided to only dew 18 today.

Evans Prairie today.

Pleasantly surprised.
Have heard the course was marginal, but it has rebounded nicely.............if it was marginal.
Normal thin grass fairways, very nice greens.
If I was forced to express an opinion........hard greens.
I noticed the ball was hitting harder and bouncing higher.
I'm a hard ball, less control, golfer so I got what I deserve.

Saw an Easter Egg Hunt at Big Cypress.
Wasn't much of a HUNT. I think we have lost the art of hiding Easter Eggs. :icon_wink:

SO..............108, less 18 for three days.
The guests enjoyed the days, the courses and the dining.
(None of them are from NY, so no experts in the group.)

Thank-you The Villages for a great place to entertain.

:welcome:

Abby10 04-18-2019 03:46 PM

Wow.....I felt like I was on vacation just reading this thread. Sounds like you all had a great time! You've expressed what I always thought about The Villages. If I was going to make a move, I wanted to go where family/friends would want to visit and enjoy their stay. Your post is a good example of why TV is such a great choice. Thanks for such an uplifting thread. Hope you continue to enjoy the rest of your time with your guests.

Oh, and about the hot tub, I have one you could use. Only problem, it would be a heck of a drive.......:laugh:

Nucky 04-18-2019 05:17 PM

Atta Boy dewilson. Quite a feat. Did the company depart so you can recuperate?

I put one of them there walk in old man one person tubs that bubbles without me making it bubble. It sure helps constant pain that someone like me has. The problem is staying awake. I actually set an alarm.

This was a fun adventure. What's next? Gator Wranglin?

tophcfa 04-18-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1643215)
An Early Report = No 18 this afternoon.

Woke up surprising well after the second days of 36.

Decided to only dew 18 today.

Evans Prairie today.

Pleasantly surprised.
Have heard the course was marginal, but it has rebounded nicely.............if it was marginal.
Normal thin grass fairways, very nice greens.
If I was forced to express an opinion........hard greens.
I noticed the ball was hitting harder and bouncing higher.
I'm a hard ball, less control, golfer so I got what I deserve.

Saw an Easter Egg Hunt at Big Cypress.
Wasn't much of a HUNT. I think we have lost the art of hiding Easter Eggs. :icon_wink:

SO..............108, less 18 for three days.
The guests enjoyed the days, the courses and the dining.
(None of them are from NY, so no experts in the group.)

Thank-you The Villages for a great place to entertain.

:welcome:

Sounds like you had a great time with your guests. How many cans of swing oil were consumed to get you through 90 holes of championship golf in three days? :jester::jester::jester:

dewilson58 04-19-2019 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1643269)
Sounds like you had a great time with your guests. How many cans of swing oil were consumed to get you through 90 holes of championship golf in three days? :jester::jester::jester:

No oil in the cans used.

:bigbow: