Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   I think it's GREAT... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/i-think-its-great-289963/)

ColdNoMore 04-17-2019 09:01 AM

I think it's GREAT...

...that it seems that TOTV membership...is increasing. :thumbup:

I've noticed of late, a significant number of new members (some who show being members for years, but without any, or very few, posts)...now making their first few posts. :cool:

Good to see more members posting, the word getting around and more folks becoming active...on this great site.
:ho:

sbarron01 04-17-2019 11:10 AM

I'm posting more b/c I now live in TV, and don't feel like a lurker on the forums anymore. Well, we bought the end of March, Keith moved the following week, I'm wrapping up things here the U-haul drive down on Friday, so Saturday will be Day 1. Hoping that soon I'll be able to contribute info vs. asking newbie questions. This is not my first move, but, holy cow!, there are so many things to learn about TV, other than the usual register car, get new driver's license, and find the nearest grocery store.

maybe TMI but...the 1st thing I'm doing Saturday is getting my hair cut so it's pool-ready, Monday is bicycling on the multi-modal trail to Lake Sumter Landing to get my ID card (yes, I read all the recent TOTV posts about cycling!), going to the pool, and, finally, getting fat from all the BOGO groceries I'm going to buy at Publix.

Midnight Cowgirl 04-18-2019 02:53 AM

Back to basics. Starting here from scratch renewing old friendships.

Looking forward to getting educated from all you seasoned posters!

ColdNoMore 04-18-2019 05:52 AM

,,/,,

Taltarzac725 04-18-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1642990)
I am an old, previous poster on this forum but have just been renewed, so it's like starting all over.

Cold -- we have been previous friends here. Looking forward to talking to you and with you again!

Good to see you back.

ColdNoMore 05-07-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1642772)
...that it seems that TOTV membership...is increasing. :thumbup:

I've noticed of late, a significant number of new members (some who show being members for years, but without any, or very few, posts)...now making their first few posts. :cool:

Good to see more members posting, the word getting around and more folks becoming active...on this great site.

In the last week or so, I've noticed even more members (some who joined years ago) and who have no, or only a few, prior posts...now posting. :thumbup:

Some have made their first ever post, in some of what might be considered the more 'controversial' threads...which has piqued my interest even more.

Good to see TOTV membership...is still growing.

ColdNoMore 05-07-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbarron01 (Post 1642813)
I'm posting more b/c I now live in TV, and don't feel like a lurker on the forums anymore. Well, we bought the end of March, Keith moved the following week, I'm wrapping up things here the U-haul drive down on Friday, so Saturday will be Day 1. Hoping that soon I'll be able to contribute info vs. asking newbie questions. This is not my first move, but, holy cow!, there are so many things to learn about TV, other than the usual register car, get new driver's license, and find the nearest grocery store.

maybe TMI but...the 1st thing I'm doing Saturday is getting my hair cut so it's pool-ready, Monday is bicycling on the multi-modal trail to Lake Sumter Landing to get my ID card (yes, I read all the recent TOTV posts about cycling!), going to the pool, and, finally, getting fat from all the BOGO groceries I'm going to buy at Publix.

WELCOME! :ho:

Here's hoping that you're finding The Villages everything you thought/hoped it would be...and more!
:thumbup:

graciegirl 05-07-2019 12:25 PM

I just copied this a minute ago. You can find how many members are present by clicking "quick links" above and scrolling down to "who is online".

This was a few minutes ago.

144 members and 667 guests
Most users ever online was 18310, 11-23-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Tom C 05-07-2019 12:34 PM

I have lurked from afar and even then contributed :posting: when I felt what I had would / could help. I think everyone could do that. Of course I leave the opinions of service provided by contract services :super:and places to dine :mmmm: and such to those with more first-hand knowledge.

luperona9 05-07-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1648033)
I just copied this a minute ago. You can find how many members are present by clicking "quick links" above and scrolling down to "who is online".

This was a few minutes ago.

144 members and 667 guests
Most users ever online was 18310, 11-23-2016 at 04:22 AM.

18000 then vs 800 now. How can the numbers now be so low?

At 4:22 am! Strange

ColdNoMore 05-07-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luperona9 (Post 1648039)
18000 then vs 800 now. How can the numbers now be so low?

At 4:22 am! Strange

BOTS/Web Crawlers.

Fishers2tall 05-08-2019 01:28 AM

Just visited TV for the very first time recently for a Lifestyle Preview. Had a fantastic time. Liked the idea of being able to go everywhere in a golf cart and leaving the car in the garage. It appears TV is finally getting too big to do that if you live on the far north or south end. Also wished owner installed privacy fencing was a possibility. But those are minor issues. Loved the golf, loved the people, loved the activities, and loved the weather!