Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Yamaha gas golf carts (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/yamaha-gas-golf-carts-290859/)

ricthemic 05-02-2019 05:18 PM

Yamaha gas golf carts

On TOTV there are 4 year old post regarding then new Yamaha clutch and EFI ( electronic fuel injection) issues. Have these issues all been rectified? Additional searches do not include these problems.

Topspinmo 05-02-2019 06:17 PM

My 2012 1/2 Yamaha golf cart has been flawless for 10,000 miles. It has no fuel injection issues and the clutch works like it should. But, I don’t floor the gas pedal and bang the centrifugal clutch in. The only thing I have replaced were two real tires due to running them under inflated due to my back. Other than oil, air filter, and spark plug routine maintenance.

vintageogauge 05-02-2019 06:21 PM

If I'm not mistaken they made some changes for the 2018 model year that took care of the problems being reported. I bought a 2018 a year and a half ago and have had zero problems with it.

Mikeod 05-02-2019 08:14 PM

I recall a member posting repeatedly that the transmission on his new cart was slipping and that the dealer told him it was normal for the transmission Yamaha changed to in 2013 (I think). The dealer would replace the transmission with a different one but there was a significant charge. My neighbor has a Yamaha a year or so older than mine and there is a noticeable difference when starting from rest. His seems to take right off while mine feels like it accelerates more gradually. Otherwise, they both perform about the same. And I’ve had no problems in the 6 years I’ve had it.

villagetinker 05-03-2019 08:40 AM

If I recall correctly, some of the complaints were with the "wet" brake function where the rear brakes were built into the differential, and not like the typical drum brakes located at the wheels. I also recall these were very costly to repair/replace. I did not follow this very closely, so please do some additional research, in case my recall is off.

TechGC 05-04-2019 12:54 PM

The Brakes in the differential have been bullet proof, on 2007 to 2014 models. Those clutches were excellent also. In 2015 Yamaha parted ways with that manufacturer and went back to in house design of clutches. This lead to some clutch and belt issues. 2017 and above we see no clutch issues.
2012 and up EFI car issues have been relatively minor. Although I have heard of some major componets being replaced I believe these to be misdiagnosed problems.
Some minor quiet Tech issues, but again minor and not on every car. Some of these issues , on all the years mentioned, are corrected with a proper service.