Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   McCalls never again!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/mccalls-never-again-290898/)

Kerry Azz 05-03-2019 08:42 PM

McCalls never again!!

McCalls employee doesn’t wash his hands?My last time going there!!! Watched a kitchen worker leave the toilet and didn't wash his hands!! Must be a common practice in the villages because the same thing happened at Cody’s in Sumter landing a year ago and I was there regularly 4-5 times a week but never went back afterwards!!
Having owned a restaurant and knowing an employee was negligent in following the simplest rule says a lot about an establishment and the management team. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

JoMar 05-03-2019 08:48 PM

Guess you won't be returning to a lot of restaurants...lot of workers in a lot of business's don't comply with rules or laws in FL.

anothersteve 05-03-2019 09:13 PM

Blaming it on the management is silly. How did the management "knowingly" let it happen? Do you really expect them hold employees hands into the bathrooms?
Steve

mixsonci 05-04-2019 01:43 AM

Did you tell management what you witnessed?

graciegirl 05-04-2019 04:59 AM

I think that at our age most of us deal in the realities of life that are not always pretty.

Talking about it here won't change things.

You could have told her that it bothers you to see her not wash her hands after using the bathroom.

Or you could have just imagined she peed and positioned the toilet paper not to touch her personal area.

These things are taught children in the first five years and now little ones are with caregivers that most parents would not give their car keys to.

I understand your concern, but I will still go to restaurants to eat. We have all survived several decades with this probably happening a lot.

Kerry Azz 05-04-2019 07:20 AM

Training an employee

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1647000)
Blaming it on the management is silly. How did the management "knowingly" let it happen? Do you really expect them hold employees hands into the bathrooms?
Steve

Training an employee To abide by the health code laws is probably the most important part of working in the restaurant industry. Reporting him to management is useless, I’m sure posting a negative message on here may impact their business and hopefully it’ll be discussed in their next employee meeting.

Kerry Azz 05-04-2019 07:23 AM

Actually im a male

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1647016)
I think that at our age most of us deal in the realities of life that are not always pretty.

Talking about it here won't change things.

You could have told her that it bothers you to see her not wash her hands after using the bathroom.

Or you could have just imagined she peed and positioned the toilet paper not to touch her personal area.

These things are taught children in the first five years and now they are with strangers that most parents would not give their car keys to.

I understand your concern, but I will still go to restaurants to eat. We have all survived several decades with this probably happening a lot.

It wasn’t a female, and unless this young man pees siting down I’ll assume he was doing #2.

bilcon 05-04-2019 07:26 AM

Are you sure he wasn't in the stall with its own sink. Some people thing a person leaving the stall who doesn't wash at the outside sink didn't wash at all, when they did wash in the stall sink. Just saying.

graciegirl 05-04-2019 07:27 AM

Oh. Up until this moment, I imaged you as a female.

I didn't look closely at your avatar. Is it new? I mean it doesn't matter. I like males and females both, most of them.

ColdNoMore 05-04-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry Azz (Post 1647038)
It wasn’t a female, and unless this young man pees siting down I’ll assume he was doing #2.

Not that it should even matter.

Washing ones hands after doing your business (whatever it is), then (when possible) using a paper towel or toilet paper on your hands before touching all of the locks/handles getting out of the restroom...is just plain common sense. :oops:

A lot of places have started providing garbage cans near the last door leaving the restroom, to discard that towel/toilet paper wrapped around your hand...and good on them. :thumbup:

JoMar 05-04-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry Azz (Post 1647037)
Training an employee To abide by the health code laws is probably the most important part of working in the restaurant industry. Reporting him to management is useless, I’m sure posting a negative message on here may impact their business and hopefully it’ll be discussed in their next employee meeting.

I don't think posting on here will make a difference (not a big part of the population are on here) but if you hold out hope and it makes you feel better than good for you. Even when Cody's and others are cited they continue to draw. The only one that I know that was impacted was the Chinese buffet restaurant in Pinellas. I know of none that have been closed because an employee didn't wash their hands. Have you ever noticed how many customers don't wash their hands either?

Rapscallion St Croix 05-04-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1647054)
I don't think posting on here will make a difference (not a big part of the population are on here) but if you hold out hope and it makes you feel better than good for you. Even when Cody's and others are cited they continue to draw. The only one that I know that was impacted was the Chinese buffet restaurant in Pinellas. I know of none that have been closed because an employee didn't wash their hands. Have you ever noticed how many customers don't wash their hands either?

And then go stick their hand in the peanuts.

Cedwards38 05-04-2019 08:18 AM

I agree that it is deplorable, but I bet it happens way more then we realize and we never know it.

DeanFL 05-04-2019 08:34 AM

Must say, the more years I rack up, the more apprehensive I am about eating out/germs/etc.

Not quite at the 'Howard Hughes' stage, but always in the back of mind. Many times in restaurants I really don't want to use the facilities as they may be grimy and cast mind-issues with overall cleanliness. We do try to use hand sanitizer after handling menus and such. Been very lucky so far - no tummy issues after eating out that we know of.

- we never send food back to the kitchen...you know why.
- do they EVER clean menus.
- dislike how the tables are wiped, and the 'cloth'.
- many more I would rather not discuss

We tend to eat out less often than years ago. And the bonus is we KNOW our ingredients in the meal and care in how it's prepared.

This all said, we are going out for lunch and dinner today, dinner tomorrow, and a few times this week. Time to purchase white gloves...:pray:

walterray1 05-04-2019 10:00 AM

Maybe he was the dish washer and has his hands in water enough. As the saying goes we are all going to eat a peck of dirt before we die.