Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   New roof (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/new-roof-290923/)

charliets 05-04-2019 03:47 PM

New roof

Need a new roof on a Patio Villa. Who should I call and who should I not call?

njbchbum 05-04-2019 05:08 PM

If you want a metal roof - Lifetime Metal Roofing - lifetimemetalroofinginc.com
Cannot recommend them highly enough! Completed the stripping of the old membrane roof and installation of the new roof on 1,000 sq ft home in just over a half day - the house, lanai, golf cart garage, utility room and screen room!

villagetinker 05-04-2019 06:39 PM

Check with ARC before you get a metal roof, as I recall, our deed restrictions specifically state a conventional shingled roof, I recall another villager that put on a metal roof and was fighting ARC when it was denied (after installation), no idea what happened as i have not seen any follow-up.

Arctic Fox 05-04-2019 06:44 PM

ARC told me I could have a metal roof but that it would have to look like shingles, rather than be large plates or similar.

I checked on-line and the "shingles" variety does look good.

JoelJohnson 05-05-2019 08:12 AM

SPS Roofing put a shingle roof on my this year, great job, good price 352-347-8530

jpvillager 05-06-2019 08:15 AM

Sps

tophcfa 05-06-2019 08:41 AM

Does anyone have an idea of the cost per square foot of a metal vs asphalt shingled roof?

Fredster 05-06-2019 10:10 AM

I had McGinnis Construction do our Patio Villa roof earlier this year.
They stripped off all old roofing, and installed architectural shingles.
They did a great job, and thoroughly cleaned up after finishing.
I was really amazed they did the whole job in about 3 hours!

Kahuna32162 05-06-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1647234)
Check with ARC before you get a metal roof, as I recall, our deed restrictions specifically state a conventional shingled roof, I recall another villager that put on a metal roof and was fighting ARC when it was denied (after installation), no idea what happened as i have not seen any follow-up.

The house you are referring to is at the end of my street. It's my understanding that the roof was allowed after installation. My neighbor also had a full array of solar panels installed and now has gone completely solar for her electrical needs.

I have also been told that The Villages is offering the metal roof option on new homes that are being sold south of 44.

BTW, if you look at any Postal Station or Rec center, they all have metal roofs.