Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Is parking 15+ golf carts with 4-sale signs on your driveway & lawn permitted? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/parking-15-golf-carts-4-sale-signs-your-driveway-lawn-permitted-290944/)

EdFNJ 05-04-2019 10:29 PM

Is parking 15+ golf carts with 4-sale signs on your driveway & lawn permitted?

Saw that today. There was a sign on O'Dell saying "17 gas carts for sale" so I drove by. Really surprised me. LOL, it looked like a used golf cart dealership on someone's lawn & driveway (maybe it was). Most of them said "this cart for rent" on the windshield with a purchase price tag. It certainly wasn't a "garage sale". I took a video of it driving by so I could be sure of what I was seeing.

If that is OK can I get about 15 "starving artists" from around here and have an art show & sale on my lawn?

Here is video. You have to slow and/or pause it to see the signs and note the regular car with "best cart rentals" sign on it's side. I guess it's possible they asked for and got permission for this but it sure seemed strange for The Villages with all thier griping about small animals figurines on a lawn.

Dropbox - 2019-05-04 10.47.33.mov - Simplify your life

Two Bills 05-05-2019 04:02 AM

Actually there was a big poker school there the night before, and the house owner had a run of luck that was phenominal.
He cleaned out all the other players, even won their golf carts off them.
He was just cashing them in the following morning! :icon_wink:

Bay Kid 05-05-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1647293)
Actually there was a big poker school there the night before, and the house owner had a run of luck that was phenominal.
He cleaned out all the other players, even won their golf carts off them.
He was just cashing them in the following morning! :icon_wink:

I bet there will be some real bargains there.

Love2Swim 05-05-2019 05:59 AM

If the neighbors are unhappy, they can voice their complaints. Otherwise, why worry about it?

My Daily Run 05-05-2019 06:06 AM

yikes...if that is allowed I'm going to put up a portable tent and set up a small store on my front lawn..maybe sell some junk that is in my garage...

anothersteve 05-05-2019 06:52 AM

Maybe this would fly in the Historical Side, but not on our side!

:a040: (Just kidding) :a040:
Steve

ColdNoMore 05-05-2019 06:56 AM

Well, at least they didn't have a pink flamingo...in the front yard. :1rotfl:

It's hard to imagine that they got 'official' permission...to do that. :oops:

Similarly, on the way to play Orange Blossom recently, I saw a place with about a dozen carts in the driveway/under the carport (and a couple of guys walking around them), but didn't notice any 'For Sale' signs and they were all facing away from the road...so I assumed it was someone with a cart repair business?

But maybe, on that side of the bridge...the deed restrictions allow that kind of stuff? :confused:

Mortal1 05-05-2019 07:03 AM

Because...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Swim (Post 1647300)
If the neighbors are unhappy, they can voice their complaints. Otherwise, why worry about it?

it looks like crap. I suppose if one wanted to live next to a dealership they wouldn't have moved here now would they?

Mortal1 05-05-2019 07:06 AM

NO it is now allowed. Call/email the Villages Community Development District with the address number (and a photo if you can). They will send someone down that day and will inform the homeowners that not only is it not allowed for how it looks, but also you are not allowed to run a business like this from your home in the villages.

thetruth 05-05-2019 07:35 AM

Made me look

Don't tell anyone that I looked at the video.

From how it looks it has not been there long as the grass under the golf carts looks good and is neatly mowed.

champion6 05-05-2019 07:39 AM

Mortal1 is correct ... it is NOT ALLOWED. The correct department to call is Community Standards, 352-751-3912, M-F 8-5.

Do not email. Your email message then become a public record.

But ... if the carts are not there on Monday (tomorrow), don't call. The violation must be seen and verified by the Community Standards employee who is sent to investigate.

JoelJohnson 05-05-2019 08:10 AM

Funny, there's a guy on Lester (on the historic side) that always has golf carts for sale in his driveway.

dewilson58 05-05-2019 08:11 AM

Wow.

Wonder what they are thinking??

Neighbors will be calling.

EdFNJ 05-05-2019 08:33 AM

According to the sign on the corner of was a 2 day sale only. Gone today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdFNJ 05-05-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Swim (Post 1647300)

Why do you assume I was 'worrying?'. It wasn't anywhere in my area. Just found it interesting and made that area look like downtown Brooklyn and not The Villages. Today 15 golf carts tomorrow 15 2012 Hyundais or Kias. In any case it looked pretty stupid for a residential area anywhere not just in T.V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk