Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lease Furniture (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lease-furniture-290971/)

Velvet 05-05-2019 01:17 PM

Lease Furniture

IKEA and other companies are offering to lease their furniture in Europe. Does anyone lease furniture around TV? Not staging, but actual leasing, they take back the furniture at the end of the lease.

njbchbum 05-05-2019 01:46 PM

Rooms To Go
rooms to go, lady lake fl - Bing

Velvet 05-05-2019 02:14 PM

Thank you, I’d like to have a few pieces of real furniture, as compared to camping, while husband and I get to pick the ones we’d really like at home.

Bogie Shooter 05-05-2019 03:08 PM

Almost perfect, almost perfect, almost perfect.

Velvet 05-05-2019 05:14 PM

LOL, one life... whenever my husband asks, can we afford it? I usually reply, what would Tom Petty say?

Chellybean 05-06-2019 06:16 AM

Can anyone say bedbugs with used furniture?

Velvet 05-07-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chellybean (Post 1647647)

Yep, husband nixed my idea of getting used furniture. Darn, I love estate stuff.

ColdNoMore 05-07-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chellybean (Post 1647647)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1648007)
Yep, husband nixed my idea of getting used furniture. Darn, I love estate stuff.

Umm, by that standard then, no one should ever sit in anything, anywhere...that wasn't bought new for your own home.

And even then, you never know if a warehouse worker or sales person...may have sat in it while taking a break. :oops:

There goes visiting movie theaters, banks, doctors offices, hotel chairs, any agency with a waiting area, Etc., Etc., Etc. :ohdear:

And the worst part being, that unlike bed sheets, chairs/recliners/couches/Etc.... can't easily be thrown in a washer & dryer.
:D

photo1902 05-07-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1648011)

Umm, by that standard then, no one should ever sit in anything, anywhere...that wasn't bought new for your own home.

And even then, you never know if a warehouse worker or sales person...may have sat in it while taking a break. :oops:

There goes visiting movie theaters, banks, doctors offices, hotel chairs, any agency with a waiting area, Etc., Etc., Etc. :ohdear:

And the worst part being, that unlike bed sheets, chairs/recliners/couches/Etc.... can't easily be thrown in a washer & dryer.

I totally agree. Not to mention the numerous second hand furniture stores in this area that do a thriving business.

Velvet 05-07-2019 12:43 PM

Thanks guys, great ideas to bring up with the husband. Might let me get some used stuff after all....

luperona9 05-07-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1647560)
LOL, one life... whenever my husband asks, can we afford it? I usually reply, what would Tom Petty say?

"I got just one life in a world that keeps on pushin' me around. But I stand my ground and I won't back down."

ColdNoMore 05-07-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1647560)

"Stop draggin' my chair around?"

:1rotfl:

retiredguy123 05-07-2019 01:45 PM

I think used and leased furniture are two different things. Many years ago, I leased furniture for 6 months, but it was brand new. It was worth it because at the end of the 6 months, they came and took it away. No charge for delivery and pickup.

Topspinmo 05-09-2019 02:47 PM

IMO leasing anything waste of money, you pay for most of it and then you’re out all of it:duck: vehicle’s good example IMO.

Chellybean 05-10-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1648011)

Let me know how you make out! lmao
If you never had a bad experience with bed bugs than you won't know what i am concerned about. This country is in a epidemic of bed bugs in hotels, planes etc... due to the pesticide laws. Maybe the furniture on the side of the road is in good shape, which is also a plus. Please folks wake up!