Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf Cart Speed Limit (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-cart-speed-limit-290978/)

Nannyof3 05-05-2019 05:21 PM

Golf Cart Speed Limit

Several people have been talking about the new speed limit for GC's being now 24.5mph. I can't seem to find anything on line confirming that.

Rapscallion St Croix 05-05-2019 05:27 PM

There is probably a very good reason you cannot find anything to confirm.

champion6 05-05-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1647566)
There is probably a very good reason you cannot find anything to confirm.

:agree:
There is no new speed limit for golf carts in Florida.

village dreamer 05-05-2019 05:48 PM

19.9 mph

JoMar 05-05-2019 06:27 PM

Street Legal LSV max speed is 25 MPH allowed in Florida on roads with a speed limit of 35 MPH or less.

ColdNoMore 05-05-2019 06:41 PM

Dagnabbit! :oops:

So the golf cart I've modified to run 43 mph...isn't really legal?
:(

:D

karostay 05-05-2019 07:04 PM

It out of control sad to say
Plus those new head lights are more of a danger blinding everyone oncoming

dewilson58 05-05-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1647579)
Dagnabbit! :oops:

So the golf cart I've modified to run 43 mph...isn't really legal?
:(

:D

Only if you have headers & side pipes.

ColdNoMore 05-05-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1647595)
Only if you have headers & side pipes.

No headers, just expansion chambers...it's a 2-stroke.

You haven't heard me go by? :D

There are very few things in life, that sounds sweeter than a 4 cylinder snowmachine with expansion chambers, blasting across a lake on a really cold day... at well over 100 mph. :cool:

JoelJohnson 05-06-2019 08:01 AM

One of my friends said that he knows someone that got caught going too fast (really charged with unregistered/uninsured vehicle) with a ticket over $800, $500 to fix the golf cart back to 19.5MPH and there is still court costs.

Up tp you if you want to take the chance.

collie1228 05-06-2019 08:08 AM

Frankly, what difference does the speed limit make? My electric cart does 20MPH and I get passed almost every day on Morse Blvd by gas carts doing well over 25. In nearly seven years of driving my legal cart, I've never seen a golf cart being stopped by a cop, so I don't think enforcement of the golf cart speed limit is a priority. I don't doubt there is an occasional speeding ticket issued, but most of the time when I read about a speeding case, I see the quote "I heard" or "One of my friends knows someone".

villagetinker 05-06-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1647600)
No headers, just expansion chambers...it's a 2-stroke.

You haven't heard me go by? :D

There are very few things in life, that sounds sweeter than a 4 cylinder snowmachine with expansion chambers, blasting across a lake on a really cold day... at well over 100 mph. :cool:

Never heard (no pun intended) of a 2 stroke golf cart, small cycles, lawn equipment yes, but never a golf cart.

ColdNoMore 05-06-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1647678)
Frankly, what difference does the speed limit make? My electric cart does 20MPH and I get passed almost every day on Morse Blvd by gas carts doing well over 25. In nearly seven years of driving my legal cart, I've never seen a golf cart being stopped by a cop, so I don't think enforcement of the golf cart speed limit is a priority. I don't doubt there is an occasional speeding ticket issued, but most of the time when I read about a speeding case, I see the quote "I heard" or "One of my friends knows someone".

You obviously meant the "Morse Blvd. MMP."

I am not aware of any locations where non-street legal carts...are allowed on Morse Blvd. itself.

And as far as the MMP's, they are private property and local law enforcement does not have jurisdiction...so why would they even think of issuing speeding tickets?
:confused:

ColdNoMore 05-06-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1647682)
Never heard (no pun intended) of a 2 stroke golf cart, small cycles, lawn equipment yes, but never a golf cart.

*That's the secret to its top speed. :D

There's a reason that 2-strokes have been used in motocross bikes and snowmobiles for years.

That being...more HP with less weight. :cool:

Admittedly though, they take a lot more maintenance and know-how to keep running and their low-end...can't match a 4-stroke.

Which is why they are not used in standard golf carts, but 4 strokes have actually made inroads into snowmobiles and dirt bikes in the last decade or so.

The only way the 4 strokes can stay competitive in racing though, is that they are allowed almost twice the cc's...of 2 strokes.

But watch out and hang on, when a high-revving 2-stroker...**'comes on the pipe.' :22yikes:

Here is a quick primer, for those who may not know the differences.

2 stroke versus 4 stroke (poke here)

Quote:

Two-stroke engine bikes are lighter and faster bikes that have an "intense kick to the motor" (**also known as "coming on the pipe") This makes it easier to throw around your bike with the faster punch per cc. At the same time, these bikes are usually more difficult to ride and control. Two-strokes also require more frequent shifting, but riders can get a faster top speed with more power.

*PS. You do know though, that I'm just funnin'...right?
:ho:

Arctic Fox 05-06-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1647685)
You obviously meant the "Morse Blvd. MMP."

I am not aware of any locations where non-street legal carts...are allowed on Morse Blvd. itself.

And as far as the MMP's, they are private property and local law enforcement does not have jurisdiction...so why would they even think of issuing speeding tickets?
:confused:

Driving in the golf cart lane on Morse north of 466, we are often overtaken by non-street legal carts.

It is legal to go onto Morse "road" to overtake slower vehicles in the golf cart lane.