Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Balloon Festival! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/balloon-festival-291000/)

kathyspear 05-06-2019 11:03 AM

Balloon Festival!

I'll be there on Sunday, June 2. Anyone else planning to attend?

kathy

Kahuna32162 05-06-2019 12:11 PM

sorry, not after last year's fiasco.

villagetinker 05-06-2019 02:07 PM

I agree, after last years problems I am not planning on spending $20 per person to attend, not be able to eat, and hard to find portapotties, and do not get me started on the disastrous parking and traffic control....

Chi-Town 05-06-2019 02:26 PM

Starting time and the actual arrival and deployment of the balloons were hours apart. And no coordination at all for the nighttime fire them up scene. I'm surprised they're back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kathyspear 05-06-2019 06:00 PM

Hmmm ... This is from the event's web page:

The Villages is very proud to be hosting our very first balloon event and are honored to be partnering with Dan and Susan Stukas as our Balloon Meisters. Dan and Susan have decades of experience in the ballooning industry and we are so happy that they have agreed to coordinate all of our ballooning competitions, activities, and pilots. The Villages Polo Club’s first annual balloon festival is sure to be a success with the support of the entire Villages community and the wise guidance of Dan and Susan.

Was last year's event sponsored/hosted by someone else?

In any case, I already bought my ticket for Sunday. (I will be out of town until Saturday, June 1st.) Hope to see some of you there.

k.

anothersteve 05-06-2019 07:27 PM

Since this will be a first for me, I will be there.
Steve

Mleeja 05-06-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1647871)
Hmmm ... This is from the event's web page:

The Villages is very proud to be hosting our very first balloon event and are honored to be partnering with Dan and Susan Stukas as our Balloon Meisters. Dan and Susan have decades of experience in the ballooning industry and we are so happy that they have agreed to coordinate all of our ballooning competitions, activities, and pilots. The Villages Polo Club’s first annual balloon festival is sure to be a success with the support of the entire Villages community and the wise guidance of Dan and Susan.

Was last year's event sponsored/hosted by someone else?

In any case, I already bought my ticket for Sunday. (I will be out of town until Saturday, June 1st.) Hope to see some of you there.

k.

Yes, last year’s fiasco was not a Villages sponsored event. Many unhappy campers!

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-07-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1647818)
I agree, after last years problems I am not planning on spending $20 per person to attend, not be able to eat, and hard to find portapotties, and do not get me started on the disastrous parking and traffic control....

Last year's problems apparently happened under "someone else's watch." New events company providing it and the Villages organizing it this year, might make for a success that was sadly missing last year.

And don't forget to ask on your way in, before you have to actually use them, where to find the portapotties :)

BobnBev 05-07-2019 08:00 AM

We'll be there:boom:

Bogie Shooter 05-07-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1647945)
Last year's problems apparently happened under "someone else's watch." New events company providing it and the Villages organizing it this year, might make for a success that was sadly missing last year.

And don't forget to ask on your way in, before you have to actually use them, where to find the portapotties :)

Did you have trouble parking?

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-07-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1648008)
Did you have trouble parking?

I never have trouble parking.

pauld315 05-07-2019 04:05 PM

Huge disappointment last year, think I will skip it

villagetinker 05-07-2019 04:14 PM

We had NO trouble parking, getting out was an absolute disaster, absolutely will not attend.

CFrance 05-08-2019 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1647945)

Did you go to the balloon festival last year? If so, where were the portapotties? I'm having trouble imagining how to hide portapotties at the polo grounds, but I've actually never been there, just driven by.

photo1902 05-08-2019 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1648151)
Did you go to the balloon festival last year? If so, where were the portapotties? I'm having trouble imagining how to hide portapotties at the polo grounds, but I've actually never been there, just driven by.

If it was like the golf festival, there was no shortage of portapotties, and it's kind of hard to miss seeing them :)