Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   firefighter needs help (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/firefighter-needs-help-291232/)

Bonnevie 05-10-2019 07:13 AM

firefighter needs help

if you haven't already, please read the article in today's Daily Sun about the firefighter and his wife who have a child with a rare genetic disorder. They need a wheelchair van to help because the child will never progress beyond 11 months mentally but physically is growing. This poor family really got dealt a bad hand--the disorder is rare--there's only 355 reported cases. They are looking for a down payment on a van. I am calling on all Villagers to give even a little in the hopes they can buy one out right. There are so many people with their hands out, but these people really need some help. Donate to Wheelchair van for Aubrey

Taltarzac725 05-10-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnevie (Post 1648690)
if you haven't already, please read the article in today's Daily Sun about the firefighter and his wife who have a child with a rare genetic disorder. They need a wheelchair van to help because the child will never progress beyond 11 months mentally but physically is growing. This poor family really got dealt a bad hand--the disorder is rare--there's only 355 reported cases. They are looking for a down payment on a van. I am calling on all Villagers to give even a little in the hopes they can buy one out right. There are so many people with their hands out, but these people really need some help. Donate to Wheelchair van for Aubrey

I read that. Hope TOTVers and others step up and help.

Bonnevie 05-10-2019 08:03 AM

with a population over 100,000 if everyone just gave $5....the story is heartbreaking.....the rigors involved in their day to day living are tremendous....and anything to help them....

sallybowron 05-10-2019 10:50 AM

So easy you can even do it online

Bonnevie 05-10-2019 10:53 AM

so happy to see people responding. they are much closer to their original goal of $30,000. but that will only give them a down payment on a van. $60,000 would let them buy it. Keep it up and tell your friends about it. tell them to read the article in the paper or give them a copy of it. That poor couple's child is one of only 355 reported cases in the world. Can you imagine? Yet you can tell they love their daughter and just need a little help. The husband is a veteran and a firefighter. I know the good people of the Villages can help them get the total cost of the van and hopefully more.

BobnBev 05-10-2019 11:55 AM

Maybe Mr. Mark Morse would step up, he could use it as a tax deduction.

Bonnevie 05-10-2019 01:07 PM

or at least match donations....yeah, that would be nice, but since it can't be counted on, I just hope people keep stepping up. this family didn't even ask for the whole cost of the van....that speaks volumes about their character. I would like to see them be able to eliminate a van payment altogether. my sister had a developmentally disabled child. though he was more mobile than Aubrey, he still needed so much care. Aubrey is total care....infant care forever! I just want everyone to think of their own healthy children and grandchildren and give whatever they can to help this deserving couple who are obviously pained to be asking for help.

Midnight Cowgirl 05-10-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnevie (Post 1648710)
with a population over 100,000 if everyone just gave $5....the story is heartbreaking.....the rigors involved in their day to day living are tremendous....and anything to help them....

Do you know where a donation can be sent?

If you post that information, it will surely help to get donations to the right place.

I hope it isn't a "Go Fund Me" site because they take a percentage of the proceeds.

Bogie Shooter 05-10-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1648756)

On this thread...……..this is not necessary.

JSR22 05-10-2019 04:31 PM

Please support

I am hoping people will continue to be generous and the cost of the van will be met.

Md girl 05-10-2019 04:57 PM

I would like to donate but refuse to use go fund me accounts. Can a donation be made directly at the firehouse on parr drive and who’s name goes on the check Thank you

fw102807 05-10-2019 04:58 PM

They are getting close to the goal, I hope they will exceed it.

BobnBev 05-10-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1648777)
Do you know where a donation can be sent?

If you post that information, it will surely help to get donations to the right place.

I hope it isn't a "Go Fund Me" site because they take a percentage of the proceeds.

I will be donating at the car wash tomorrow.:ho:

Bonnevie 05-11-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Md girl (Post 1648817)
I would like to donate but refuse to use go fund me accounts. Can a donation be made directly at the firehouse on parr drive and who’s name goes on the check Thank you

I don't know. I only know from reading the article. perhaps you could go to go fund me page and send message to the mother? or you can go get your car washed today.

retiredguy123 05-11-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1648756)

Just to be accurate, I don't think that Go Fund Me donations are tax deductible.