Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Nice people in The Villages !!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/nice-people-villages-291262/)

Jaggy 05-10-2019 03:01 PM

Nice people in The Villages !!!

My husband was doing yard work...fell into a bush...lost one hearing aid... after unsuccessful hunting, I called The Villages metal detecting club. A very nice man came over and found it almost immediately!!! Yeah for him!!! This is why we live in The Villages... !!! Great people.... Thank you Ed Pickel !!!

Taltarzac725 05-10-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggy (Post 1648779)
My husband was doing yard work...fell into a bush...lost one hearing aid... after unsuccessful hunting, I called The Villages metal detecting club. A very nice man came over and found it almost immediately!!! Yeah for him!!! This is why we live in The Villages... !!! Great people.... Thank you Ed Pickel !!!

Now that is using your head in the case of a lost ear. So to speak.

manaboutown 05-10-2019 03:32 PM

That is a nice story to hear!

Kenswing 05-10-2019 03:37 PM

Awesome. Not only that you thought of calling the Metal Detecting Club, but that they were so willing to come out and help.

BobnBev 05-10-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1648793)
Awesome. Not only that you thought of calling the Metal Detecting Club, but that they were so willing to come out and help.

Sounds like a good bunch of folks,:coolsmiley:

Nucky 05-10-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1648828)
Sounds like a good bunch of folks,:coolsmiley:

The vast majority of people who you meet face to face in The Villages are just wonderful. Pull off a cart path with a map of Antartica and make believe you are lost. Everyone want's to help. They won't look at the map your looking at. Smart move with the correct call. Good Job. :super::bigbow:

Is there a Club that finds Gold Krugerrands?

retiredguy123 05-10-2019 05:25 PM

Think they can find my expensive Rolex watch that I lost somewhere in or near The Villages? I don't remember the color or type, but I will recognize it when I see it.

fw102807 05-10-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1648831)
The vast majority of people who you meet face to face in The Villages are just wonderful. Pull off a cart path with a map of Antartica and make believe you are lost. Everyone want's to help. They won't look at the map your looking at. Smart move with the correct call. Good Job. :super::bigbow:

Is there a Club that finds Gold Kugerrands?

:agree: You wouldn't think so on TOTV sometimes but here in person people are really nice. When my golf cart broke down so many people stopped to offer help and two women actually helped me push it out of the way.

EdFNJ 05-10-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

My husband was doing yard work...fell into a bush...lost one hearing aid... after unsuccessful hunting, I called The Villages metal detecting club.

WOW! What quick thinking on your part! :coolsmiley:

Retiring 05-10-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

You are definitely smarter than the average bear. I don’t know if I would have thought about metal detectors. If I did think of a metal detector I would not have thought about the local club, I might have bought one if the hearing aid was not under warranty for losing it. Clearly you get the quick thinking TOTV award tonight. Nice to hear a happy resolution, that’s not always the case on TOTV. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Jaggy 05-10-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retiring (Post 1648845)
You are definitely smarter than the average bear. I don’t know if I would have thought about metal detectors. If I did think of a metal detector I would not have thought about the local club, I might have bought one if the hearing aid was not under warranty for losing it. Clearly you get the quick thinking TOTV award tonight. Nice to hear a happy resolution, that’s not always the case on TOTV. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

Nope- not that smart... My Brother ( deceased) used to be a metal detector fan in Ohio.. So I had a head's up!!!!! But thanks for the compliment !!!!

Abby10 05-11-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggy (Post 1648862)
Nope- not that smart... My Brother ( deceased) used to be a metal detector fan in Ohio.. So I had a head's up!!!!! But thanks for the compliment !!!!

Well, nevertheless, thanks for sharing on here. Your post may end up helping others and that's what TOTV should be all about. :coolsmiley: