Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Pimlico, Belmont & Churchill (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/pimlico-belmont-churchill-291462/)

aloisbaughn2133 05-13-2019 04:22 PM

Pimlico, Belmont & Churchill

Probably not news to Exec. course maintenance how bad the condition of all 3 courses are at Pimlico - I play Amberwood and Oakleigh a lot because they are great - why can't other courses be as good?

sheena0904 05-13-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloisbaughn2133 (Post 1649551)
Probably not news to Exec. course maintenance how bad the condition of all 3 courses are at Pimlico - I play Amberwood and Oakleigh a lot because they are great - why can't other courses be as good?

Because whoever built the courses at Chatham got lucky and built them kinda right lol. Pretty much all the other Exec. course are thrown together as quickly as possible and not even close to being built properly. If you build something like crap guess what? it’s going to be crap! and that’s before they Herd the rounds through.

Marybndt47 05-27-2019 06:41 AM

We played Belmont on Saturday. The greens really need a lot of work. They are in the worst condition I have ever played.Golf
Golf course maintenance needs to redo them like they have Oakleigh.

Bay Kid 05-28-2019 05:14 AM

Such a shame they can't get their ____ together on these courses.

Bogie Shooter 05-28-2019 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloisbaughn2133 (Post 1649551)

I guess you missed this thread?
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...olf+conditions

Marathon Man 05-28-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheena0904 (Post 1649566)
Because whoever built the courses at Chatham got lucky and built them kinda right lol. Pretty much all the other Exec. course are thrown together as quickly as possible and not even close to being built properly. If you build something like crap guess what? it’s going to be crap! and that’s before they Herd the rounds through.

Could you share some details about how they were built incorrectly. You seem to have some knowlege that would be interesting to hear.

Bogie Shooter 05-28-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheena0904 (Post 1649566)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1653155)
Could you share some details about how they were built incorrectly. You seem to have some knowlege that would be interesting to hear.

:1rotfl:

sheena0904 05-29-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1653155)

Houses obviously make the money, so land is moved very quickly on the executives courses leading to a thrown together course not built properly. Just my opinion though. I don’t know why bogie shooter finds it’s funny!! 😉 I’ve done 10 marathons by the way!

jmills 06-03-2019 06:14 AM

I have been in The Villages since 2004 and the courses today are in the worst condition ever. Played Bacall yesterday and tee boxes are a joke. Weeds everywhere.

Michael22 06-03-2019 12:43 PM

The Villages has enjoyed a huge expansion a good part because of referrals from current residents. I have been here for 16 years and have recommended "The Villages" as a great place to live", speaking only for myself I have stopped telling people about the The Villages as it is not the same place it was 5 or ten years ago. The owners now care about one thing "Money", the condition of the golf courses is just one example.

justjim 06-03-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmills (Post 1654743)
I have been in The Villages since 2004 and the courses today are in the worst condition ever. Played Bacall yesterday and tee boxes are a joke. Weeds everywhere.

I read they have a new person heading up the executive courses maintenance. Given the number of rounds played, it will be a challenge.