Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Internet service south of 44 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/internet-service-south-44-a-291507/)

russtcc 05-14-2019 12:25 PM

Internet service south of 44

Anyone know for you what internet providers are available in the Fenney, McClure and Linden Villages south of 44? I've been getting conflicting info. Thanks...

MSchad 05-14-2019 12:29 PM

I have Comcast/XFinity in South Fenney.

Tim&MaryK 05-14-2019 02:37 PM

I know Comcast and Spectrum for sure. I thought Centurylink also, but not confirmed.

vintageogauge 05-14-2019 04:56 PM

we have Spectrum, two years now and only one or two problems that were corrected in a short time.

Lawrance 06-02-2019 05:35 AM

Have Centurylink in Fenney. Fiber optic. Good rates. No contract.

mills3186 06-02-2019 01:23 PM

Using Spectrum, working well

vintageogauge 07-18-2019 01:56 PM

Spectrum just increased our bill another $40.00, that puts us at $259/ month for Internet, land line, and the gold package. Time to make a switch, any suggestions, must have a service that will have Fox News.

biker1 07-18-2019 03:55 PM

There are a lot of options. One would be to drop Spectrum altogether and use CenturyLink for internet only. You can get 80 megabits per second download for $45 and the price is "fixed for life", or until you change the service. Subscribe to YouTubeTV or one of the other internet streaming services that provides many of the "cable channels" such as Fox News as well as the local ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox affiliates out of Orlando. Depending on your TV, you may need a streaming box such as Roku or a Firestick (there are others). If you really need a landline, buy a Ooma Voice-over-IP box. Google "cut the cord" for additional information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1665258)
Spectrum just increased our bill another $40.00, that puts us at $259/ month for Internet, land line, and the gold package. Time to make a switch, any suggestions, must have a service that will have Fox News.

pacjag 07-18-2019 06:20 PM

Just signed a contract on a new home in Monarch Grove last week and was told Spectrum, xFinity, and CenturyLink are the options. We are currently waiting for CenturyLink to confirm. They currently are offering gigabit service for $65/mo, lifetime price, with a free modem/router (Wi-Fi) included, and free installation. That’s hard to beat.

Altavia 07-18-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacjag (Post 1665333)
Just signed a contract on a new home in Monarch Grove last week and was told Spectrum, xFinity, and CenturyLink are the options. We are currently waiting for CenturyLink to confirm. They currently are offering gigabit service for $65/mo, lifetime price, with a free modem/router (Wi-Fi) included, and free installation. That’s hard to beat.

Congrat's and thanks, I forgot to ask when doing a contract in MG last month.

I think gigibit service implies a fiber connection to the home which would be nice if so(?)

rahart 07-18-2019 09:12 PM

I live in Monarch Grove...Comcast/Inifinity.

Pinball wizard 07-19-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacjag (Post 1665333)

Yes. Only if you NEED 1Gbps. I'm getting 150Mbps for $49 from comcast.

pacjag 07-22-2019 07:56 AM

Well, so much for that plan. I got a call earlier this morning from CenturyLink and they are now saying they do not have an agreement with TV to service the Monarch Grove or Linden areas. Grrrr. Guess I will be calling Comcast and Spectrum to see what kind of service they offer.

pacjag 07-22-2019 01:32 PM

I have been getting the “we don’t have that street in our system” runaround from CenturyLink and Spectrum. I have not yet spoken to Comcast, mainly because I don’t want them if I can help it.

If you live in Linden or Monarch Grove, please reply with your provider name and the street you live on.

Hopefully that will help me persuade them to look past their incomplete maps.

Altavia 07-22-2019 02:34 PM

Maps with street names are available from the Developer if that helps.

You can also ask Google to add missing streets:

Add a missing road to the map - Local Guides Help