Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What's the big crowd gathering tomorrow (WED) at LSL ? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/whats-big-crowd-gathering-tomorrow-wed-lsl-291536/)

EdFNJ 05-14-2019 06:43 PM

What's the big crowd gathering tomorrow (WED) at LSL ?

Supposed to be something going on with "2-300 people" sometime tomorrow at LSL according to people working at SBX (they were given a heads up about a big crowd).

Anyone know? Hope the political demonstrations aren't starting already ..... there have already been a few and it is WAY too early.

anothersteve 05-14-2019 06:54 PM

VCDD total body workout?? in the AM
Steve

hotpotato 05-14-2019 07:09 PM

what's going on tomorrow at LSL

There is a planned rally for Women's Suffrage to celebrate the 100th anniversary of women receiving the right to vote. Starts at 10. Speakers and Ralph Dinome and Dawn will perform.
Sponsored by the 6 Lake-Sumter Chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution. It is non-political.

sallybowron 05-14-2019 08:01 PM

I am wondering why there were groups of golf carts clustered at two or three of the golf courses on Mrse this morning. I wonder what was gong on. There were 5-6 carts in a group.

EdFNJ 05-14-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotpotato (Post 1649852)
There is a planned rally for Women's Suffrage to celebrate the 100th anniversary of women receiving the right to vote. Starts at 10. Speakers and Ralph Dinome and Dawn will perform.
Sponsored by the 6 Lake-Sumter Chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution. It is non-political.

Thanks .. that's good politics. :D How come this kind of stuff never makes the "Happy News" daily?

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-15-2019 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1649868)
Thanks .. that's good politics. :D How come this kind of stuff never makes the "Happy News" daily?

It's a reminder that women have the right to vote. The good ole boys' club doesn't want to promote that reminder, I guess :)

graciegirl 05-15-2019 06:14 AM

Is it a golf cart parade? I could not believe the number of carts in the last one. They always have local police to be sure traffic is not snarled and that people are safe. We watched this golf cart parade and it just went on and on and on. We were among the crowds who enjoyed it and were waving and happy.

So many unexpected good things happen here every day. I hope it is the same thing, another well behaved golf cart parade.

hotpotato 05-15-2019 06:26 AM

It's a rally to be held in the square beginning at 10 AM. I'm not aware of any golf cart parade. There will be ladies in costume. Dee Collier will be performing as Susan B. Anthony and others will speak as early suffragettes. It should be fun..

graciegirl 05-15-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotpotato (Post 1649897)
It's a rally to be held in the square beginning at 10 AM. I'm not aware of any golf cart parade. There will be ladies in costume. Dee Collier will be performing as Susan B. Anthony and others will speak as early suffragettes. It should be fun..

OH.

graciegirl 05-15-2019 10:59 AM

Do they have a rally for when beer came back?

Arctic Fox 05-15-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1649960)

I'm putting you in charge of that. GracieGirl

I'll handle the pre-event sampling - it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

sawman 05-15-2019 01:17 PM

I also wondered what was going on.

dietpepsi 05-16-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1649895)
Is it a golf cart parade? I could not believe the number of carts in the last one. They always have local police to be sure traffic is not snarled and that people are safe. We watched this golf cart parade and it just went on and on and on. We were among the crowds who enjoyed it and were waving and happy.

So many unexpected good things happen here every day. I hope it is the same thing, another well behaved golf cart parade.

@#$&

Aloha1 05-16-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1649960)

:coolsmiley: