Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Another grocery store option (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/another-grocery-store-option-291599/)

NotGolfer 05-15-2019 05:56 PM

Another grocery store option

I just read in the "other news source" (online) that EarthFare is going into that parcel near Texas Roadhouse. THAT will be a welcomed option to our area as an option

Midnight Cowgirl 05-15-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1650072)
I just read in the "other news source" (online) that EarthFare is going into that parcel near Texas Roadhouse. THAT will be a welcomed option to our area as an option

I'm not familiar with EarthFare but just looked at their specials/ads from the Ocala store. Many of their items are not inexpensive but I guess when you compare there will always be places that are more or less expensive depending upon the item

I think, overall, however, Aldi's prices on produce are less expensive.

pauld315 05-16-2019 02:02 PM

More stores and restaurants for the north end ! Miller's Ale House is going to open in that same general area.

NotGolfer 05-16-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1650105)
I'm not familiar with EarthFare but just looked at their specials/ads from the Ocala store. Many of their items are not inexpensive but I guess when you compare there will always be places that are more or less expensive depending upon the item

I think, overall, however, Aldi's prices on produce are less expensive.

I'm not familiar neither BUT most so-called health-food stores tend to be a bit pricier. EarthFare, in case you didn't know puts ads in the Wed. Daily Sun. I wouldn't make a special trip to Ocala just to shop there. I agree, I like Aldi for it's choices and prices but if there are special things it's nice to have options.

marby 05-21-2019 04:47 PM

I love Earth Fare! Lots of organic foods and veggies.

Rapscallion St Croix 05-21-2019 04:49 PM

My hopes for a Piggly Wiggly have been dashed.

Mleeja 05-21-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1651535)
My hopes for a Piggly Wiggly have been dashed.

Or Wegman’s

EdFNJ 05-21-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mleeja (Post 1651548)
Or Wegman’s

My wife would trade me for a Wegman's in a heartbeat.

sallybowron 05-21-2019 10:47 PM

Millers Ale House

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1650308)
More stores and restaurants for the north end ! Miller's Ale House is going to open in that same general area.

We always stop at Miller's Ale House when we go to my knee doctor. Very glad they are coming here.:MOJE_whot:

New Englander 05-22-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallybowron (Post 1651575)
We always stop at Miller's Ale House when we go to my knee doctor. Very glad they are coming here.:MOJE_whot:

A couple of Ale's will cure knee pain for sure. :icon_wink:

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-20-2019 09:15 AM

I saw that construction is continuing on Earth Fare. Since I'm still new, and don't ever really have any reason or need to leave the historical section from the southern entries by golf cart, I don't know the answer to this:

Are golf carts allowed to cross Griffin Avenue from Shay into that shopping plaza across the street, or drive ON Griffin from Jeffrey Drive to Rolling Acres Road? It'd be awesome if golf carts could get to Earth Fare, especially if their drivers live in the Silver Lake area.

CWGUY 07-20-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1665678)
I saw that construction is continuing on Earth Fare. Since I'm still new, and don't ever really have any reason or need to leave the historical section from the southern entries by golf cart, I don't know the answer to this:

Are golf carts allowed to cross Griffin Avenue from Shay into that shopping plaza across the street, or drive ON Griffin from Jeffrey Drive to Rolling Acres Road? It'd be awesome if golf carts could get to Earth Fare, especially if their drivers live in the Silver Lake area.

:gc: In case you haven't seen it, there is a sign as you exit the Shay Gate...... "No Carts Beyond This Point" If you pull it up on Google Maps you can see it. I believe there is one at the Jeffery Gate exit too.

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-20-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1665682)
:gc: In case you haven't seen it, there is a sign as you exit the Shay Gate...... "No Carts Beyond This Point" If you pull it up on Google Maps you can see it. I believe there is one at the Jeffery Gate exit too.

I haven't had reason/need to exit the Shay Gate or Jeffrey (I didn't know there was a gate there til you mentioned it just now), I don't live near it. I have entered the area from Griffin through Shay into the Villages, just never had need/reason to exit that way. I live closer to the Boone Gate.

Thank you for the information though, it's appreciated.

CWGUY 07-20-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1665707)
I haven't had reason/need to exit the Shay Gate or Jeffrey (I didn't know there was a gate there til you mentioned it just now), I don't live near it. I have entered the area from Griffin through Shay into the Villages, just never had need/reason to exit that way. I live closer to the Boone Gate.

Thank you for the information though, it's appreciated.

:) You also have the Medical Gate and the Wales Gate over there. I'm in District 2 but have used them all dozens of times. Depending on where you are going you can make it easier on yourself using different gates. I think you know where the Paradise Gate is. :ho: