Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Car Maintenance (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/car-maintenance-291891/)

Velvet 05-20-2019 12:07 PM

Car Maintenance

Can I bring my Audi and have it looked after in TV? Or do I need to buy a different type of car for easy maintenance. Who would look after it?

Tom C 05-20-2019 12:21 PM

We have seen many Audis when we were there last month and we are bringing our Q5 when we move

villagetinker 05-20-2019 12:30 PM

There are several very good mechanics in the area, Wildwood Tire, Sumter Tire, and Accu-tech, if you are after an Audi dealer, A google maps search should give you closest one, and you can ask about that dealer.

Velvet 05-20-2019 12:38 PM

I have a A3 that has been only looked after by the dealer so far. As long as people read what it needs and fix it properly I will be happy. I was hoping for something relatively close to Mallory. Where I am right now I have valet service - it came with the car.

Bavarian 05-20-2019 12:54 PM

Nearest Audi Service is Audi North Orlando in Sanford. They do excellent work. Highly recommend.

Two Bills 05-20-2019 01:00 PM

If I was going to be a full time resident, I would buy local, and not new. The standard of driving, and parking is to be polite, dire.
Get a used car from a local dealer and have no worries about a few dents, scratches, or maintainance.
PS. Get good Insurance Cover though!

Velvet 05-20-2019 01:24 PM

I was thinking about buying a small footprint SUV or hatchback for local transportation. Any particular suggestions?

Chatbrat 05-20-2019 02:48 PM

I use Accutech- for all the work on my Benz, the admirals Benz is handled by the dealer as its still under warranty--by the way if I was in an SUV or a truck I would haven killed yesterday, was on the TPK doing about 80 when I was cut off by a person texting- I was able to do an evasive maneuver that would have definitely caused a rollover if I was not in a station wagon

Robert @ Accutech can easily handle all the needs of any German car

photo1902 05-20-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1651240)
I use Accutech- for all the work on my Benz, the admirals Benz is handled by the dealer as its still under warranty--by the way if I was in an SUV or a truck I would haven killed yesterday, was on the TPK doing about 80 when I was cut off by a person texting- I was able to do an evasive maneuver that would have definitely caused a rollover if I was not in a station wagon

Robert @ Accutech can easily handle all the needs of any German car

Never a good combination for an accident with a person texting, and another speeding.

BobnBev 05-20-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1651216)
I was thinking about buying a small footprint SUV or hatchback for local transportation. Any particular suggestions?

The Kia "Soul" is a very popular car here. Drivers don't have a bad thing to say about them. That will be my next car. I would go out of the area to buy though. Dealers in the area seem to prey on the elderly villagers.

New Englander 05-20-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1651216)

Yes, Honda Fit. It's like a mini, mini-van. Great little car with fantastic gas mileage and lots of cargo space when the back seat is folded down. I'm on my second one.